Thread: Wireless Printer On Two Different Networks

Default Wireless Printer On Two Different Networks

I have two different networks.Out of which on one network i have our new accounting software and on the another network its this printer.Now the problem i am having is.I cannot buy separate wireless printer for the another network.So is there any where i could make this printer work on some other media or working on two different networks.Else i am having one more idea in my mind,that is of BLUETOOTH and WIRELESS option of the printer.Its just i dont know how to print thru bluetooth or it would be better if i can take out solution to make this printer on two separate networks.Currently i am running the wirless printer connecting with one of my network switch.I just want to use the same printer on one more network.Please help

Connect the printer NIC to one network and then connect the LTP port to a desktop on the other and share it from it.
    Or if there is not a desktop near the print buy a HP JetDirect and connect it to the LTP on the printer.

That way it should been the two networks isolated and let you print from both.

but arent there any other solution.Like this printer got bluetooth services too.But i just dont know how to print through bluetooth.

I installed getmiro.com MIRO and searched Ubuntu and the first Video it found was explaining how someone could set up a local printer on XP; then use the '''add Printer in Ubuntu" to search for a printer, and add it to your configuration.

I can't wait until a Linux store opens up online, to sell completed and totally configured systems. Because some windose people would be linux people; if they didn't have to be administrators before they could send a email. I believe it is this fact that keeps linux in the background today.

Lol,but i cant change the managers here to use linux.

Default I think it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim52 View Post
    Else i am having one more idea in my mind,that is of BLUETOOTH and WIRELESS option of the printer.Its just i dont know how to print thru bluetooth or it would be better if i can take out solution to make this printer on two separate networks.

You can connect the printer with BlueTooth and wifi to different networks.
    Keep the printer connected the same way it is to the current network, and buy a bluetooth adapter and attach it to a computer in the other network, install a program called ::bluesoleil::, it gives you the ability to make a LAN using blutooth devices "there's more ways of course but this one is really easy".

Now your Printer should be connected to the two networks at the same time, but I have no idea how it's going to maintain it's queue.
    Tell us what happened

Quote Originally Posted by SherifEldeeb View Post
    You can connect the printer with BlueTooth and wifi to different networks.
    Keep the printer connected the same way it is to the current network, and buy a bluetooth adapter and attach it to a computer in the other network, install a program called ::bluesoleil::, it gives you the ability to make a LAN using blutooth devices "there's more ways of course but this one is really easy".

Now your Printer should be connected to the two networks at the same time, but I have no idea how it's going to maintain it's queue.
    Tell us what happened
    Great recommendation. It's posts like this that periodically refresh my hope in humanity, or at least our community

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Here are a few links I found on the subject that seemed promising.
    It seems that you just need to enable routing between the subnets so the can see each other. But that is only a guess based on what I read.
    http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1193657

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-623...215784&start=0

http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tween-two.html

Also here is the output from my google search on this subject.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Hope that helps
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

thanks amael,but i've been to this forums already.I mean i do google too for everything.But no problem.Better i try with the jetdirect print server.