Thread: Amarok xine-lib

Just burned his ISO

Default Amarok xine-lib

After some hours i managed to make amarok to work properly, the problem was a xine-lib error,actually not present i think.I dunno if actually it could be called a bug.However the error when i was selecting xine engine was usr/local/lib/libspeex.so file not found.Initially i tried to simply install the xine-lib thing without doing anything else, but unfortunately, it continued to give me libspeex file not found when compiling.To solve the problem
    1) after downloading xine-lib, I renamed the file usr/local/lib/libspeex.so.1 to libspeex.so
    2) slapt-get --install libgpod
    3) installed xine-lib with ./configure -> make -> make install(took a while)

Now amarok works.Actually i made these after some tries.My audio hardware is inside my motherboard ASUS A7N8X-X

Maybe could be helpful for someone.

Developer

Thanks for posting. We have actually covered this issue in 2 other threads already a few months ago. This will be fixed in BT3 final as far as i know. For anyone else if you just use slapt-get to install xine it will fix the dependency issue.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Thanks for posting. We have actually covered this issue in 2 other threads already a few months ago. This will be fixed in BT3 final as far as i know. For anyone else if you just use slapt-get to install xine it will fix the dependency issue.
    oh well sorry i used the search with the word amarok, in this section and i found nothing.However glad to know that it will be fixed