Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNS Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default DNS Problems

I have been accessing a wireless network for a while now and recently I dropped from having internet access to only having local access (other attached computers). It was working fine and I was downloading a few torrents when all of a sudden, everything slowed to a crawl and simply stopped.

I have tried booting up to BT3 and I cannot ping google.com or any other site for that matter.

I am told in Vista (Cannot communicate with primary dns server 68.115.71.53). Is there anyway to fix this remotely as the owner is on vacation and will not be back for some time?

Quote Originally Posted by bkbomber View Post
    I have been accessing a wireless network for a while now and recently I dropped from having internet access to only having local access (other attached computers). It was working fine and I was downloading a few torrents when all of a sudden, everything slowed to a crawl and simply stopped.

I have tried booting up to BT3 and I cannot ping google.com or any other site for that matter.

I am told in Vista (Cannot communicate with primary dns server 68.115.71.53). Is there anyway to fix this remotely as the owner is on vacation and will not be back for some time?
    Pay for your own service and stop ripping off other people's?

Relevant Missouri law can be found here.

Undoubtedly you "have permission" so simply call up the owner's ISP and see if they're having DNS problems.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Pay for your own service and stop ripping off other people's?

Relevant law can be found here.

Undoubtedly you "have permission" so simply call up the owner's ISP and see if they're having DNS problems.
    Thank you for pointing out that site for me, I've also been looking for state laws on the subject, but haven't exactly had time to research it.

To rebuttal your first accusation, I live out in the country where DSL is not available, dial up is my only option. (Satellite has some pretty insane fair access policies.)

I'll try asking the ISP, thank you.

To rebuttal your first accusation, I live out in the country where DSL is not available, dial up is my only option. (Satellite has some pretty insane fair access policies.)
    So where does wireless come into the picture?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

So where does wireless come into the picture?
    AT&T is the local provider of this service, however, since I literally live in the woods, I get poor cell reception and am weary to trust them for such a service when I get ~5 dropped calls a night.

This thread makes absolutely no sense.

AT&T is the local provider of this service, however, since I literally live in the woods, I get poor cell reception and am weary to trust them for such a service when I get ~5 dropped calls a night.
    Then how have you "been accessing a wireless network for a while now"?

Just burned his ISO

Then how have you "been accessing a wireless network for a while now"?
    I've been going over to my friend's house when I need to download something. It doesn't seem that strange to me.

I believe we had a misunderstanding of "wireless". I meant wireless internet provider in the area, my friend has DSL and a wireless router.

If you "friend" is using DSL it not from a wireless internet provider...,?!?

From the somes of it he has a standard DSL from a fixed line provider and has connect a wireless access point to "his" router {or it maybe integrated into the router}.

To get back to what I think you were trying to ask, the problem is that your torrent client is killing "his" connection, you need to RTFM of the client.

I've been going over to my friend's house when I need to download something. It doesn't seem that strange to me.

I believe we had a misunderstanding of "wireless". I meant wireless internet provider in the area, my friend has DSL and a wireless router.

Is there anyway to fix this remotely as the owner is on vacation and will not be back for some time?
    So if you're out in the woods and cannot get hi speed internet, how do you plan to 'remotely' fix the situation?

This whole story seems strange to me
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I believe that he tries to explain that he does not have an internet connection of his own. Therefore he has been using a friend’s wireless AP to connect to the internet and download his torrents. Since the owner of this connection is on vacation he does not have physical access to the router and is asking how he can fix the DNS issue over the wlan connection.

However the whole topic smells a bit too much for my taste…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast