Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem hacking WPA(2)-PSK

Just burned his ISO reaper_unique's Avatar

Default problem hacking WPA(2)-PSK

hi,

I have a problem hacking WPA(2)-PSK.
    I did everything like in the tutorial of exploitz but I just can't get that damned handshake

I tryed it multiple times but no luck.
    When I'm trying to do a deauth attack it sends the attack to the router but I can't get a 4-way handshake,but i do get a couple of packets a min.

Is there anyother methode to get the handshake?

greetz
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." U_U

I could be wrong but I dont think Deauth will always kick the client off. Have you tried manually logging on and off the router with the machine thats already connected? Doing that should get you the handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
    hi,

I have a problem hacking WPA(2)-PSK.
    I did everything like in the tutorial of exploitz but I just can't get that damned handshake

I tryed it multiple times but no luck.
    When I'm trying to do a deauth attack it sends the attack to the router but I can't get a 4-way handshake,but i do get a couple of packets a min.

Is there anyother methode to get the handshake?

greetz
    Also helps if you post your commands here & where you failed & what it says exactly

have you tried doing multiple deauths??

i found a single attack didnt work

hi,

sorry for being of so long, but I've been very busy with school(exams).
    But I finally got the time to reply.
    Here's a snapshot of my network I'm trying to crack:

As you can see I get a lot of datapackets but not a handshake.

I have a feeling you're mixing WPA with WEP. Why are you doing an arpreplay on a WPA network? Arpreplay is used to make traffic on a WEP network that you capture to later use with aircrack-ng. To capture a WPA handshake there must be a client authed on the AP, your picture shows none. How far away is the AP from you?

Quote Originally Posted by xCPPx View Post
    I have a feeling you're mixing WPA with WEP. Why are you doing an arpreplay on a WPA network? Aireplay is used to make traffic on a WEP network that you capture to later use with aircrack-ng. To capture a WPA handshake there must be a client authed on the AP, your picture shows none. How far away is the AP from you?
    Ha that would explain a lot
    And I think 100m but with a couple of walls between them. I get almost perfect reception.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
    Ha that would explain a lot
    And I think 100m but with a couple of walls between them. I get almost perfect reception.
    Reception (RX) is different from TX... just because you have good reception does not mean you have an equal TX factor to it.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Reception (RX) is different from TX... just because you have good reception does not mean you have an equal TX factor to it.
    ow ok but the RX en TX are pretty good.
    what do I need to do then to get the handshake?
    I thought, when I was looking at the tutorial of xploitz he used aireplay. I'll watch it more carefull but what program is it?

I thought, when I was looking at the tutorial of xploitz he used aireplay. I'll watch it more carefull but what program is it?
    Aireplay-ng is only used to inject the deauth packets to the AP. This is used to force any currently connected clients to re-reauthorize at which point the 4-way handshake will occur. It is this handshake that you will want to intercept.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast