Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Defense Deauthentication?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to Defense Deauthentication?

My wireless desktop keeps re-authentication with my SSID during the weekend, and seldom have problem on the week day, so I guess I might get the Deauthentication attack. Although I believe my Wireless configuration is pretty safe, Security Mode: WPA2, WPA Algorithms: AES, 63 pre-Shared keys (mixed with symbols, number), and MAC Control (Understand that MAC control can be defeated), but the re-authentication is getting very annoying, because sometimes I even need to reboot my system in order to get back the wireless connection.

Is there a way to defense the Deauthentication attack? Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by rousuca View Post
    My wireless desktop keeps re-authentication with my SSID during the weekend, and seldom have problem on the week day, so I guess I might get the Deauthentication attack. Although I believe my Wireless configuration is pretty safe, Security Mode: WPA2, WPA Algorithms: AES, 63 pre-Shared keys (mixed with symbols, number), and MAC Control (Understand that MAC control can be defeated), but the re-authentication is getting very annoying, because sometimes I even need to reboot my system in order to get back the wireless connection.

Is there a way to defense the Deauthentication attack? Any suggestion would be welcome. Thanks!
    Enclose your house in one of these.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Enclose your house in one of these.
    Which serves an extra purpose of protecting you from the psychic Amish as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Which serves an extra purpose of protecting you from the psychic Amish as a bonus.
    ...and the resultant EMP from a Nuclear Blast, granted, the house won't survive the nuclear wind, but your electronics will survive the EMP.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I love the idea, but could you get me a good deal. Right now I am moving all my wireless to my Saving box, it does the same thing as Faraday cage, but the space is tiny, it's very hard and "hot" using my computer inside.

Actually I could use the Ethernet, but this mean I need to run a cable cross my house, this is the last thing that I want. If I can not stop the attacker, could I at least find his or her info from BT3 utility? Maybe Wireshark ??? (But I don't know what package that I need to look for) or others?

If the attacker can attack my system without the authentication required, does this mean that he or she could have a chance to sniff my traffic without authentication to my SSID? (If my traffic is without encrypted)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rousuca View Post
    I love the idea, but could you get me a good deal. Right now I am moving all my wireless to my Saving box, it does the same thing as Faraday cage, but the space is tiny, it's very hard and "hot" using my computer inside.

Actually I could use the Ethernet, but this mean I need to run a cable cross my house, this is the last thing that I want. If I can not stop the attacker, could I at least find his or her info from BT3 utility? Maybe Wireshark ??? (But I don't know what package that I need to look for) or others?

If the attacker can attack my system without the authentication required, does this mean that he or she could have a chance to sniff my traffic without authentication to my SSID? (If my traffic is without encrypted)

Thank you!
    How do you know it's actually a De-Auth attack if you haven't already used WireShark? Maybe someone nearby has a leaky microwave oven/cordless phone/surveillance camera/vibrator on the same frequency that you're using for your wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How do you know it's actually a De-Auth attack if you haven't already used WireShark? Maybe someone nearby has a leaky microwave oven/cordless phone/surveillance camera/vibrator on the same frequency that you're using for your wireless.
    Or some other non FCC approved Chinese device that some neighborhood kis is playing with....
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

streaker69= microwave oven/cordless phone/surveillance camera/vibrator
    This is actually some people's Idea of a good time.

Seems like another skriddy question to me, seems as though there have been several lately.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

You could try decreasing your AP's output power. Just move a client to the remotest point in your house and start decreasing the power until your client is toggling between 3 and 4 bars. If your AP is not centrally located, you could use a couple of Xploit's aluminum "directional reflectors" to "beam form" your signal into the house.

If you truly are being hacked, it is most likely due to the availability of a strong signal at the hacker's end. If you reduce his signal to a level that is virtually unusable for him, he will probably find another target.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Or some other non FCC approved Chinese device that some neighborhood kis is playing with....
    C'mon now, I had no idea it would put out that much power and stop the fireworks. Haha, just kiddin.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast