Thread: PLZ Help: LiveCD/USB doesn't boot anymore

Default PLZ Help: LiveCD/USB doesn't boot anymore

I downloaded bactrack recently and i'm really eager to learn using it. My problem is that my PC won't let me boot OSes from either liveCD or USB anymore. i have been able to boot USB Slax and Ubuntu liveCD successfully in the past . since then i didnt do it. at that time i was just curious about linux. I found out about the prob when i downloaded ophcrack and tried it (as livecd and usb). then i had the same problem when trying to boot SLAX again. So before wasting a CD for burning backtrack, here's my issue:

So on the boot screen it 1st says 'Initialising & Establishing Link'

Then it shows 'PXE - E61: Media test Failure. Check Cable'
    And on the next line it then displays ' PXE - M0F : Exiting Intel Boot Agent'

Thx in advance.

P.s: this is really serious so huh dont bin this post in the 'Idiots Corner' :P Thx

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

have you check your bios settings ?????

because pxe, means that your computer is trying to boot a network device..............

check your boot order ...
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Default Thx but...

Ok that makes sense, i've joined an ISA Server recently and i suspected it had something to do with it. I left it since. But before attempting anything i'll need more details (stepwise) on how to fix my problem. Thx again

Awesome! 139 views and only 1 actual reply! I really need to get this probz fixed. Thats kinda why i joined this forum. And thx again shamanvirtuel.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Awesome! 139 views and only 1 actual reply! I really need to get this probz fixed. Thats kinda why i joined this forum. And thx again shamanvirtuel.
    Well as Shaman gave you the 99% most likely answer, and asked you whether you had tried that, to which you did not respond, people can only assume that it was the solution and solved the problem.
    So you only have yourself to blame and not the forum.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Default lol

exactly balding YOU EVEN REPLIED LIKE YOU ACKNOWLEDGED AND SORTED THE PROB
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

to balding parrot:
    Well i should have precised that i tried changing the boot order (from BIOS settings and boot menu w/ same results describe in my 1st post). but if you actually read my second post well, you could have noticed that i asked for the steps to solve this problem and that nobody replied since then. Coz changing boot order didnt solve it.

Dont you have a option 'boot from usb' or something like that in your bios? Is your Usb drive correct? If you put ubuntu or another OS on your Usb, does that OS boot correctly?

EDIT: losing patience w/ all this shit, i tried one last time to boot slax this time burning it on a CD using MySlax creator which worked! What i always did with the iso files was extracting its contents using 7-zip and then burn it onto a CD. never knew it would make a difference this time -___-'. i guess my pc tried to boot from lan as the CD/USB weren't properly mounted which resulted in that 'PXE' error....... anyways i just hope i'll be as successful in booting backtrack.