Thread: Toshiba satellite M60 with Wireless 2915ABG AR5212 / AR5213 Plug and Play BT3

Hybrid View

Default Toshiba satellite M60 with Wireless 2915ABG AR5212 / AR5213 Plug and Play BT3

Everything is working perfectly on my Toshiba satellite M60; right out of the box.
    Thanks to everyone, you are all amazing and the performance of this distro is outstanding!
    Special thanks to -=Xploitz=- for saving a noob millions hours of frustration.
    Now that I know how my system is suppose to run, I can start understanding exactly what
    is said on the forums. After I get BT3 installed on the hard drive I will donate without delay.

Since I reinstall my OS often, and it is my intention to saving all my data on a memory stick for save keeping.
    Is that a nooby thing to say or what?

I have cracked my own open wep; using -=Xploitz=- preconfigured Back Track Beta, via the BT3 Beta torrent and the second -=Xploitz=- tutorial on Korek chopchop.
    Now I can learn how to make my system stronger and retest it with BT3 Beta.... If I get good at it, I plan on starting a bussiness in my area as
    there aren't any ISP's in Ontario that sell "UnLimited Internet" any more.. they sell us a package lets say 20 GigaBytes of Bandwidth and if
    the Bandwidth is overdrawn we are charged an overwhelming fee. So it is going to be very important that I understand they to get into systems, and how
    I can change things to keep them out of your system.

My system is dual booting Ubuntu 8.04, Windows XP Pro, and BT3 beta is currently loaded via DVD during a bootup.
    Soon, i'll be installing BT3 on my 100 GB hard drive.

My System Hardware detected within KInfoCenter; using the default configuration of the -=Xploitz=- DVD

CD-Rom
    DMA-Channels 4 cascade
    PCI CardBus
    Memory Total Physical = 1.97 GB only using 31% and 68% is Free memory
    OpenGl version 1.4 (1.5 Mesa 6.5.2)
    Host Bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller (rev 03)
    Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 / AR5213 Multiprotocol MAC / baseband Processor (rev 01), IRQ 17
    Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139 / 8139C / 8139C+ (rev 10), IRQ 22

USB WUSB54GC, Linksys dongle see "attached" zip file to see master.gif which is a image that compares this USB vs Intel

Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO / Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection (rev 05), IRQ 23
    VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV43 [GeFrce Go 6600] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]), IRQ 10
    Processor: GenuineIntel Intel(R) M processor 1.86 GHz / 1862.145 cpu MHz Cache size 2048
    Sound Driver: 3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0.14rc3 emulation code)
    Storage Devices
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
    /dev/hdc /mnt/hdc
    /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 53.7 GB ntfs-3g WINDOWS
    /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 9.2 GB ext3 Ubuntu 8.04 "\"
    /dev/sda4 /mnt/sda4 28 GB ext3 Ubuntu 8.04 "\home"
    /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 3.9 GB vfat Rally OCZ Memory stick,,, Fast
    aufs / 1.2 GB aufs

After trip booting XP, Ubuntu, and Bt3 beta

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
    /dev/hdc /mnt/hdc
    /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 53.7 GB ntfs-3g WINDOWS
    /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 9.2 GB ext3 Ubuntu 8.04 "\"
    /dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3 28 GB ext3 BT3 beta
    /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 3.9 GB vfat Rally OCZ Memory stick,,, Fast
    aufs / 1.2 GB aufs

USB Devices Work
    Display 17 Inch
    Dimensions 1440 x 900
    Resolution 75 x 75 dpi
    PCMCIA No PCMCIA controller detected

And yes I typed it all out by hand, you never know someone might find this useful ;-)

Grey

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

thx contribution will be really welcome . as they run so little ........

you can now check the courses in my siggy..they are done by muts one of our main coder ....... and comparativly to others they are not so expensive, i advise you the 101 course....

All my Best SV
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006