Thread: Dell Latitude D410

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Latitude D410

Hey guys, I have working from both ext USB DVD drive and USB Key a working version of BT3 on a Dell Latitude D410, The NIC I use is the Netgear WAG511.

Hi Lokro, so you are using a Dell laptop with a external DVD drive and are booting BT3 off of a USB Drive? And you're using a PC card for wireless access. Is this correct?

I'm not sure if this is an introduction or if you had a question regarding the information that you are giving us...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an introduction or if you had a question regarding the information that you are giving us...
    Probably means that his setup is working.

This is the thread for "BT3beta WORKING hardware reports ONLY!!"
    As quoted off the main page.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

After re-reading the thread I see what he is saying. He was able to get BT3 to work on both his DVD drive and a USB drive while using a PC Card for wireless connectivity.

So in short, don't reply to a thread when you've just woke up from a nap! My apologies!

Just burned his ISO guentherishere's Avatar

Is there any problems at all with the d410? I'm currently in the market for BT laptop and am deciding between the D600 (which I've heard nothing but good things about) and the D410 (which i'm having a hard time finding any backtrack information about). I have a ubiquity wireless card so wireless shouldn't be an issue. Is there any other crazy configuration issues or video issues that you have seen? I'm really leaning toward the d410 since it seems more portable and has a battery life that far exceeds that of the d600, but the d600 seems to have nothing but great results with BT3. HELP!!!! Haha. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I stay as far away from a D610 but the D410 is a great little system, I had to fight with 3 Manager and 1 director here to give there ones up for EoL...

I have a D500 which is also small, not as much as the D410 but works fine with BT2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by guentherishere View Post
    Is there any problems at all with the d410? I'm currently in the market for BT laptop and am deciding between the D600 (which I've heard nothing but good things about) and the D410 (which i'm having a hard time finding any backtrack information about). I have a ubiquity wireless card so wireless shouldn't be an issue. Is there any other crazy configuration issues or video issues that you have seen? I'm really leaning toward the d410 since it seems more portable and has a battery life that far exceeds that of the d600, but the d600 seems to have nothing but great results with BT3. HELP!!!! Haha. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Just burned his ISO

heheheh .. yeah sorry I wasn't really looking at the post ... I meant that I had a working copy of BT3 on EXT USB DVDRom and also I loaded to a USB Stick with the D410 and WAG511 NIC and so far so good

P.S. The D410 is a nice little machine ... but given a choice I would have the new XPS or the D430 :P