Thread: IBM (Lenovo) R32

Default IBM (Lenovo) R32

I have BT3 installed on an IBM R32.

I was able to boot both the usb and cd version no problem, and the hd install was painless.

I have two network cards working, one is an MSI PCMCIA card based on the RT2500 chipset, i use this script to connect it to my AP

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

#Config pcmcia RT2500 card to link with 
    #AP which is WPAPSK/TKIP(Authentication/Encryption)

#Make sure card is up, not in monitor mode

ifconfig ra0 up

iwpriv ra0 set NetworkType=Infra

iwpriv ra0 set AuthMode=WPAPSK

iwpriv ra0 set EncrypType=TKIP

iwpriv ra0 set SSID="put your ssid here" # Part of generating wpapsk password

iwpriv ra0 set WPAPSK="put your passkey here"

iwpriv ra0 set SSID="Put your ssid here"

#Get an IP address

dhcpcd ra0
    I also have a Belkin RT73 USB based device which i use a similar script to connect to my own aps

The spec of the laptop is:

2ghz Intel P4 Mobile
    512Mb Ram (for now)
    40Gb hard drive

It runs very nicely, i am working on a custom fluxbox menu and a TCL/TK script to make connecting to AP's even easier
    If video games influenced behavior, we'd all be wandering round darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...............

Ive done a some more work and further testing on the laptop.

I have upgraded the base system with Slackware 12.1 (i followed the upgrade.txt file from cd1, except the bit about updating /etc)

I didn't install any of the following:

Kernel, kernel modules and kernel headers

e (dont use emacs), f, k, t, (most of) kdei, xap (will upgrade some stuff later) and y

So far everything works, except wireless assistant (never mind eh!)

I havn't upgraded the kernel yet, i just need to make sure i can get patched drivers for my wifi cards.

ACPI works well, the fan speeds up under heavy load and suspend, hibernate, sleep and resume all work.

I cant get the ATI drivers to work, but as this is a dedicated pentsting machine, the display is fine.

I havn't tried the internal modem, and when i bought it i was told it had a serial port, but it doesnt, so i will have to find another way of using my serial modem.
    If video games influenced behavior, we'd all be wandering round darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music...............

Well i spent most of today rolling my own and reinstalling my wifi drivers, boots up a lot quicker and seems to have that warm fuzzy feeling you get when using your own kernel.

I think i will (ahem) road test it tomorrow (the joys of being self employed)