Thread: cant detect my ntfs partitions in bt3 beta

Just burned his ISO

Default cant detect my ntfs partitions in bt3 beta

im a little new to linux, but i have tried my best to learn it in past few month.

i downloaded bt3 for usb and installed it to my 1gb usb drive. and installed it. but when i tried to boot from d usb it showed "boot error".

i tried both .sh from linux and .bat from win xp. but neither worked as it should have. then i installed dos on my usb and copied the bt3 in there. and booted from bt3.bat from the bt3 folder.
    then it booted. but it didnt detect my ntfs harddisks. it detected the fat32 partitions. i have 2 hdds containing 400gb total.

And is there any way for viewing cpu & memory usage in bt3 beta ?

thanks..

Just burned his ISO

I'm assuming your not an aministrator on your computer because if you ran the .bat in windows xp as an administrator it should write the bootloader to your 1GB USB drive. Also, I don't think I'm clear as to which of your drives are fat32 and which are ntfs. Could you please clerify that for me.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bipl12 View Post
    im a little new to linux, but i have tried my best to learn it in past few month.

i downloaded bt3 for usb and installed it to my 1gb usb drive. and installed it. but when i tried to boot from d usb it showed "boot error".

i tried both .sh from linux and .bat from win xp. but neither worked as it should have. then i installed dos on my usb and copied the bt3 in there. and booted from bt3.bat from the bt3 folder.
    then it booted. but it didnt detect my ntfs harddisks. it detected the fat32 partitions. i have 2 hdds containing 400gb total.

And is there any way for viewing cpu & memory usage in bt3 beta ?

thanks..
    Well thanks for the output of the errors that you are getting, and for showing the commands and or guide that you followed and for being so vague.
    As for viewing system stats there is conky and or leetmode for super karamba in backtrack2

Might also be a good idea to check here by using the search function and or looking in the tutorials and guides section the info is there for the questions you asked / problems you are having.
    Also have a look at the wiki.
    http://backtrack.offensive-security.....php/Main_Page
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.