Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I give UP !!!!

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raven4d View Post
    thank you for reply ,, wireshark will still be able to sniff and detect the IPs that has a packets transmits even if another netmask is used
    Let me get this straight. Your telling me that if you have the wrong netmask you are still going to be able to get the other IP's being used that are also on a different subnet?

never mind

now back to my problem ..what do u think about it ?
    I think you should read up on ARP.

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Let me get this straight. Your telling me that if you have the wrong netmask you are still going to be able to get the other IP's being used that are also on a different subnet?
    Verging on spoon feeding
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

i've cracked the same router many times before with variety security options, but the worst thing is when u donut know "who is your enemy" coz i really donut know what the heck is going on now ,,sure thing will try the configurations he sat one by one ,,but for now i donut wanna ruin his conf .
    If you dont know who owns the AP you are attacking then you obviously do not have permission to do so. Whats going on is, you are breaking the law! You should spend some time to google why people use backtrack and its programs before you ask how.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Verging on spoon feeding
    I'm not wrong am I? Last I checked broadcasts don't traverse over other subnets.

hhmatt81, no you're not wrong.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    You're right I shouldn't have assumed it was a switched network. If you were all behind a hub you'd see everyone's traffic.
    Are there wireless access points that act like a hub?

I thought that in theory all WAP's were hubs as anyone can listen to anything
    wtf?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
    I thought that in theory all WAP's were hubs as anyone can listen to anything
    No. An AP functions as a bridge between the Wireless side and the Wired side.

The open air is a hub, meaning the transmission passing through the open space allowed you to listen to it if you have the correct card. You don't need an AP to monitor wireless traffic.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I'm not sure if I wrote it wrong or I read your post wrong.

I meant that (ignoring security, mac filtering, passphrases etc) that if all computers are connected ok then a WAP is like a hub, in that any connected device can hear any traffic relating to that WAP, in the same way any device connected to a hub can hear all traffic to all machines?
    wtf?

Just burned his ISO

thank you all for your precious thoughts ,, am reconsidering some points

Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0v0nc4t View Post
    If you dont know who owns the AP you are attacking then you obviously do not have permission to do so. Whats going on is, you are breaking the law! You should spend some time to google why people use backtrack and its programs before you ask how.
    having a LIMITED information about some problem being discussed in some topic doesn't require u to post anything silly to prove "hey folks am still active in the forums yepe !"

if u've read carefully my thread u've noticed that i explained what i am doing !
    u r advised to visit
    h**p://google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=EAt&q=english+lessons&btnG=Search

pleasured to help u

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast