Thread: No Space Left On Device

Just burned his ISO

Default No Space Left On Device

Hello everybody!
    I get this error message : Fwrite No space left on device , using 8 Gb usb stick on backtrack 4 final and beta! This happens when airodump-ng captures data. I am new to linux os, so please give me steps of the solution!
    Thanks for reading me!

P.S. Great job!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: No Space Left On Device

Is the partition you put the BT on full or is the entire usb stick full? delete something.

If I had to hazard a guess I would assume that you are running out of disk space on the device to which airodump-ng is writing data. We don't make a habit out of spoonfeeding basic Linux skills here, so why don't you do some searching based on that premise and see what progress you can make in resolving this on your own. After you have made a bit of an effort and have run into a specific problem come back here and maybe we can assist.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I get this error message : Fwrite No space left on device , using 8 Gb usb stick on backtrack 4 final and beta! This happens when airodump-ng captures data. I am new to linux os, so please give me steps of the solution!
    First of all: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad-thread.html

Secondly, airodump capture files may take some amount of space, depending on the volume of data floating around you. SO... if you didn't knew this, maybe you should pay a visit to Aircrack Wiki and start reading some info. In the mean time, just delete/crop your capture files so your USB drive can breathe.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess I would assume that you are running out of disk space on the device to which airodump-ng is writing data. We don't make a habit out of spoonfeeding basic Linux skills here, so why don't you do some searching based on that premise and see what progress you can make in resolving this on your own. After you have made a bit of an effort and have run into a specific problem come back here and maybe we can assist.
    I'm sorry, i had no intension to show off skills. But, as i wrote, i 've been having this problem since bt4 beta release, so its been a while since this error occured. I googled it, i searched here, but i found nothing familiar.
    I was using 4gb usb stick, no other partitions, and then, i got 8 gb stick, same unetbootin install, but same problem.

Have you already deleted some capture files?

Just burned his ISO

I 'm not sure about the location of that files. Although, some files appear at the desktop. And they are pretty small files (less than 1 mb).