Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus Eee PC

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chArli3 View Post
    A local install, as in the OS is installed to the local SSD and not booted from an external source such as a USB drive or an SD card.
    Ok I got ya now.
    Now that you mention it though, booting BT from an SD card does sound pretty interesting. You could run whatever OS you wanted on the SSD and just plug in the SD card when you wanted to run BT. Then you could have all the advantages of a full/USB install (mods, changes, saving data, etc) and you wouldn't have to have a USB stick hanging off the side. This post looks pretty useful to that end: .
    Yes this is probably the easiest way and IMO the best way to go. I believe several users here have gone that route.
    That link is a good guide done up by pureh@te.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Default --

hello.

anybody succeeded to overclock the asus eee in backtrack3 using software like the eeectl in windows.

seems that there is working solutions for xandros and ubunu linux, but never found anything that works under bt3

a hint in right direction woud be apprecieated.

/micke

I overclocked the eee 701 bios to 900 - cat /proc/cpuinfo which should show the real MHz of the processor. It is now possible to compile and install a linux kernel module that will boost the speed of the FSB from the default 70 MHz to 100 MHz, thus boosting the speed of the system. The speed of the CPU will be boosted to the 900 MHz that has been advertised for the Eee PC.

wiki.eeeuser.com/howtoverclockfsb
    I havent done this yet but its what your looking for. hope it helps when your done run =cat /proc/cpuinfo and if it says 900mhz ur set. Then come back and a post with your findings. cool

Just burned his ISO

Default eeepc video cam

Does anybody got a eeepc web camera working on BT3 ? I'm trying to figure out howto install the drives since there is all drives in eeepc CD support.
    A.A.
    GNUpg KEY: 0x3E10FF47

Quote Originally Posted by chArli3 View Post
    Now that you mention it though, booting BT from an SD card does sound pretty interesting. You could run whatever OS you wanted on the SSD and just plug in the SD card when you wanted to run BT. Then you could have all the advantages of a full/USB install (mods, changes, saving data, etc) and you wouldn't have to have a USB stick hanging off the side.
    This is exactly how mine is set up.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Same here. The tutorials on this forum were very simple to follow. Just search for live install with persistent changes. Dual boot kicks ass!
    Information is like water...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12