Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus Eee PC

Just burned his ISO

Default Asus Eee PC

Has anyone attempted a local install on an Eee PC? I'm considering picking up one of the new 900's when they come out (that's the one with the bigger screen) and I'm not hating the idea of running BT on it.

Anyone done this yet?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

it works on the eee 700 , so why not on eee 900
    ?
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    it works on the eee 700 , so why not on eee 900
    ?
    I never said it wouldn't. I'm asking if someone has done it at all (700 or 900).

Just burned his ISO

I have seen posts that discuss the topic, such as:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ighlight=eeepc

But I'm wondering if this is a USB or a local install. I suppose it doesn't matter, if it works one way it should work the other, right?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chArli3 View Post
    I have seen posts that discuss the topic, such as:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ighlight=eeepc

But I'm wondering if this is a USB or a local install. I suppose it doesn't matter, if it works one way it should work the other, right?

maybe you could be a little clear as to what you mean by "local" install.
    Yes there are several here using bt3 on a eeepc using a sdhc card as well as others who are using a usb stick or drive. Still others are installing to the eeepc's hard drive which is also a sdhc card.

As for info on this topic then you will need to do some more searching here.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Can you even buy the 900 yet? I didn't think it was out.

Never mind, just reread the op's post.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Just in case, the 900 is out and eeeuser reviews are up on their website.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    maybe you could be a little clear as to what you mean by "local" install.
    A local install, as in the OS is installed to the local SSD and not booted from an external source such as a USB drive or an SD card.

Now that you mention it though, booting BT from an SD card does sound pretty interesting. You could run whatever OS you wanted on the SSD and just plug in the SD card when you wanted to run BT. Then you could have all the advantages of a full/USB install (mods, changes, saving data, etc) and you wouldn't have to have a USB stick hanging off the side. This post looks pretty useful to that end: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ighlight=eeepc

I think the 900 is set to launch in the US on May 12th, that would be this Monday. I'm not sure if I should wait for the Atom processor or not though. If I get the Celeron M I'll put up a post with some details. If I wait for the Atom though it will take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by chArli3 View Post
    A local install, as in the OS is installed to the local SSD and not booted from an external source such as a USB drive or an SD card.

Now that you mention it though, booting BT from an SD card does sound pretty interesting. You could run whatever OS you wanted on the SSD and just plug in the SD card when you wanted to run BT. Then you could have all the advantages of a full/USB install (mods, changes, saving data, etc) and you wouldn't have to have a USB stick hanging off the side. This post looks pretty useful to that end: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ighlight=eeepc

I think the 900 is set to launch in the US on May 12th, that would be this Monday. I'm not sure if I should wait for the Atom processor or not though. If I get the Celeron M I'll put up a post with some details. If I wait for the Atom though it will take longer.
    Waiting for new hardware is never any fun. They usually announce something bigger/better about two weeks after you buy something.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Waiting for new hardware is never any fun. They usually announce something bigger/better about two weeks after you buy something.
    Haha so true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast