Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

  1. #21
    Member dustyboner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    Quote Originally Posted by hunglam View Post
    i get this when i try airodump with wnda3100


    root@bt:~# airodump-ng ath0

    ARP linktype is set to 1 (Ethernet) - expected ARPHRD_IEEE80211,
    ARPHRD_IEEE80211_FULL or ARPHRD_IEEE80211_PRISM instead. Make
    sure RFMON is enabled: run 'airmon-ng start ath0 <#>'
    Sysfs injection support was not found either.

    dont know what its mean but is seem dont work can someone help thanks
    it looks like you didn't blacklist arusb_lnx. ath0 won't show up after arusb_lnx is blacklisted, it should be something like this:
    Code:
    root@IClsd:~# airmon-ng
    Interface       Chipset             Driver
    
    wlan0           AR9001U         ar9170usb - [phy15]
    
    root@IClsd:~# airmon-ng start wlan0
    
    Interface       Chipset                  Driver
    
    wlan0           AR9001U             ar9170usb - [phy15]    
                                                   (monitor mode enabled on mon0)

  2. #22
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    can u show me how to blacklist my wnda3100 driver
    i dont know how to do it

    thank you

    i saw it how to blacklist in first page

    thank you
    Last edited by hunglam; 06-07-2010 at 06:45 AM.

  3. #23
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    after i blacklist my wnda3100 usb adapter

    the device not found anymore
    when i type airmon-ng nothing show up

    please help

    thank you

  4. #24
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    Quote Originally Posted by dustyboner View Post
    The following devices with the atheros AR9170 chipset need the drivers updated to work correctly with BT4:
    • Arcadyan - WN7512
    • Atheros - 9170
    • Atheros - TG121N
    • AVM - FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N
    • AMV - FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N 2.4
    • Cace - Airpcap NX
    • D-Link - DWA 160A1
    • D-Link - DWA 160A2
    • IO-Data - WNGDNUS2
    • Netgear - WNDA3100
    • Netgear - WN111 v2
    • Planex - GWUS300
    • Sphairon - Homelink 1202
    • TP-Link - TL-WN821N v2
    • Z-Com - UB81 BG
    • Z-Com - UB82 ABG
    • Zydas - ZD1221
    • Zyxel - NWD271N

    ----
    Here is how to update the drivers:

    Download ar9170.fw, ar9170-1.fw, ar9170-2.fw and put them into /lib/firmware

    Download compat-wireless-2.6.32.3.tar.bz2

    Open a terminal and run:
    Code:
    tar -xf /root/compat-wireless-2.6.32.3.tar.bz2
    cd compat-wireless-2.6.32.3
    make
    make install
    make unload
    *If you get a "No such file or directory" error when you run make, run this command:
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/2.6.30.9/build
    Open /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist with any text editor and add blacklist arusb_lnx to the list and save the file.

    then:
    Code:
    reboot
    i fail to update it. i am using live usb BT4 final to run bt4,
    any option to update this TP-Link - TL-WN821N v2 atheros AR9170 chipset??

    thanks for ur info

    regards
    ktgoh

  5. #25
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    my wnda3100 working now thanks
    Last edited by hunglam; 06-10-2010 at 01:11 AM.

  6. #26
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    Quote Originally Posted by hunglam View Post
    after i blacklist my wnda3100 usb adapter

    the device not found anymore
    when i type airmon-ng nothing show up

    please help

    thank you
    i got the same problem, my device is WN111v2.
    and my dmesg show:
    usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
    usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
    usb 1-2: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
    usb 1-2: ar9170.fw firmware file not found, trying old firmware...
    thank you

  7. #27
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    i am sure this is a simple problem but its hurting my head =) i am using VMware player go though all the steps verify that the blacklist was changed but when i reboot it it all go's back to how it was before any ideas?

    bah such a noob think i got it
    Last edited by lupin; 06-12-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Merging...

  8. #28
    Member dustyboner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    Quote Originally Posted by zoubruce View Post
    i got the same problem, my device is WN111v2.
    and my dmesg show:

    thank you
    usb 1-2: ar9170.fw firmware file not found, trying old firmware... if your getting this you probably installed a version of compat-wireless that is newer than 2.6.32.x

    if you did just open a terminal, cd to your compat-wireless directory, and run
    Code:
    make uninstall
    to remove the drivers. then follow the tut. using the correct version of compat-wireless
    ************************************************** *****************************************
    if you updated the kernel to 2.6.34 the only thing that needs to be done to get ar9170usb working is:

    Open /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist with any text editor and add blacklist arusb_lnx to the list and save the file.
    ************************************************** ***********************************************

  9. #29
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    Quote Originally Posted by dustyboner View Post
    The following devices with the atheros AR9170 chipset need the drivers updated to work correctly with BT4:
    • Arcadyan - WN7512
    • Atheros - 9170
    • Atheros - TG121N
    • AVM - FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N
    • AMV - FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick N 2.4
    • Cace - Airpcap NX
    • D-Link - DWA 160A1
    • D-Link - DWA 160A2
    • IO-Data - WNGDNUS2
    • Netgear - WNDA3100
    • Netgear - WN111 v2
    • Planex - GWUS300
    • Sphairon - Homelink 1202
    • TP-Link - TL-WN821N v2
    • Z-Com - UB81 BG
    • Z-Com - UB82 ABG
    • Zydas - ZD1221
    • Zyxel - NWD271N

    ----
    Here is how to update the drivers:

    Download ar9170.fw, ar9170-1.fw, ar9170-2.fw and put them into /lib/firmware

    Download compat-wireless-2.6.32.3.tar.bz2

    Open a terminal and run:
    Code:
    tar -xf /root/compat-wireless-2.6.32.3.tar.bz2
    cd compat-wireless-2.6.32.3
    make
    make install
    make unload
    *If you get a "No such file or directory" error when you run make, run this command:
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/2.6.30.9/build
    Open /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist with any text editor and add blacklist arusb_lnx to the list and save the file.

    then:
    Code:
    reboot
    First off, thank you for posting something relevant to what I am seeking. If I am trying to get ar9170 chipset (netgear wn111v2) to work with Backtrack 3 + vmware (due to not being able to download the larger Backtrack 4), are the steps still the same? I put the updated drivers in the same location, but when I went to make, I received the "no such file or directory"- and then tried the code line you suggested in this event, but received another "no such file or directory." Thank you for any help that you can give.

  10. #30
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: How to get ar9170 chipset usb adapter working

    I did all the steps from the tut, but airmon-ng wont show any interface as well as iwconfig. I blacklisted the old driver und fixed airmon-ng to use ar9170usb driver. What could be the problem I'm facing?

    On startup an error occurs:

    usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71


    does this has something to do that my WNDA3100(v1) is not working? how can i fix this?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best USB wireless adapter for BT4 Final
    By autocannon in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 12:48 AM
  2. Dell Wireless 1390 Broadcom Chipset is compatible i think
    By musabbulut in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
  3. atheros ar9170 usb adapter
    By llabrword in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 04:28 AM
  4. Noob asks: How to install RT2870 Chipset into BT4 VMWare?
    By forenmeister in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 12:19 PM
  5. HP Mini Wireless Chipset?
    By Jufjufjuf in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •