Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wifi with MAC filtering but no WEP/WPA

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    a pentest is not obviously legal.... you need auth to do it ..... it's just too easy to say it's a pentest...
    thanks for telling me that authentication is required. I must sue my Boss for sending me at client's end for this purpose.

I smell bull$hit all around; especially in that 'your boss' would send you (an obvious novice) out an a pentest with the professional pentesters' wifi card of choice, the ipw3945.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0zen Sm0ke View Post
    thanks for telling me that authentication is required. I must sue my Boss for sending me at client's end for this purpose.
    If your boss sent you to a client that's paying for a 'professional pentest' then your company is obviously ripping off their clientèle.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Failed to crack wep, which is so easy a caveman could do it.
    Failed social engineering 101.

Back to McDonald's for you!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Failed to crack wep, which is so easy a caveman could do it.
    wow!!! here comes another.
    WEP was never in the picture...

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

you talked about authentification (the -1 attack )

this is used only when attacking a wep ap , so we all understood that you were doing wep,

if you try to do wpa work , what is the point to get associated with the access point ?

you don't need to .........you just need to capture the full handshake (& even a half handshake with latest aircrack-ng from trunk)

it's obvious that you dunno what you are doing, really pityful attempt to SE....

what a "professional pentester !" your boss must worry .......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Not to mention the 'billable time' related to taking 4 days to complete initial steps of the 'test'.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Oh man this guy is soo burned, I missed out on it.

I'm sure once a mod see's this next it will find its way to the idiots corner.

BTW, professional pentesters do not start a pentest on a verbal agreement. Because something like that will not stand up in court.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well im witing his ultim answer, but yes i also think i will throw it soon in its right place, our lovely idiot corner........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

you talked about authentification (the -1 attack )

this is used only when attacking a wep ap , so we all understood that you were doing wep,

if you try to do wpa work , what is the point to get associated with the access point ?

you don't need to .........you just need to capture the full handshake (& even a half handshake with latest aircrack-ng from trunk)

it's obvious that you dunno what you are doing, really pityful attempt to SE....

boss i mentioned clearly that its OPEN (no WEP or WPA) MAC filtered AP.
    It could have been an informative thread for newbies like me...but right from the beginning people started leg pulling.
    "shamanvirtuel", only you and one "junior" member tried to solve the issue...rest only enjoyed the flaming. Why didn't they answered the queries if forum has honored them the "senior member" status and if they have the knowledge?
    In my later post i mentioned that the AP is not letting me spoof MAC of some cisco devices but can spoof the MAC of a client machine. I don't know the reason for that so asked here. And what i got in response?
    why nurturing the ego???
    i know i'll get flamed for this post also. So shamanvirtuel its a request to you that plz. delete or move this to idiot corner and ban me from forum if people feel like that.
    thanks n regards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast