Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coding using libnids library

Yep, the grep option doesn't work with pcap files!
    But their always an other way :
    juste make a new filtered pcap, wich will be used by the softs

The -p option isn't install by default, you have to download the sources, patch them, and reinstall the soft.

It is faster to extract datas from big pcap files.

The -p option isn't install by default, you have to download the sources, patch them, and reinstall the soft.
    I see, however I am quite happy with using tcpreplay instead as you easily can run all the dsniff/msgsnarf/urlsnarf/mailsnarf/etc tools at once on -i lo while broadcasting the pcap file.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Yes; some tools need to be used combiend with tcpreplay like Drifnet and dsniff, and I will be force to do so.
    But in order to be the most efficient and fast as possible I prefere to use the -p option.
    For example, I can filter a 120mo and extract *snarf information in 15 seconds.

The major problem with tcpreplay is that you can't run all you pcap to the top speed beacause some times the *snrf tools dn't follow the speed and you loose some information.

The major problem with tcpreplay is that you can't run all you pcap to the top speed beacause some times the *snrf tools dn't follow the speed and you loose some information.
    That is true, it takes some trial and error to lock down the maximal feasible speed.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Even if it is not related to linbnids developpement, I will ask my question in here.
    I am writting a little scipt in order to find the name of the file created by airdecap for my main program.

So here where I am :
    Code:
    file_1="/root/file/pcap_capture.pcap"
    path_file= pwd $file_1
    decap_file= basename $file_1 .pcap
    extension="-dec.pcap"

decap_file= "$path/$decap_file$extension"

echo $decap_file
    problem is tjat the resault is :

/root/file/
    pcap_capture
    -dec.pcap

instead of /root/file/pcap_capture-dec.pcap

Do you have any idea? I have tried using echo -n but it doesnt initialise my vars.. so???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123