Thread: Using BT3 with a projector

Default Using BT3 with a projector

It seems like I need to use BT3 on a laptop to teach a bit about IT security at my school, and I'd need to be able to use a projector to show this to a large audiance, how would I best procceed to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MuffloN View Post
    It seems like I need to use BT3 on a laptop to teach a bit about IT security at my school, and I'd need to be able to use a projector to show this to a large audiance, how would I best procceed to do this?
    Uh, use the VGA out port on your laptop?!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Uh, use the VGA out port on your laptop?!
    I'm not THAT stupid, but I can't get the KDE desktop to show up on the laptop when I connect it, even if I connect it before it boots so X could possibly find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MuffloN View Post
    I'm not THAT stupid, but I can't get the KDE desktop to show up on the laptop when I connect it, even if I connect it before it boots so X could possibly find it.
    Perhaps your laptop has a feature (such as Function-F4) which changes the display from laptop to projector.

On the other hand, you might be stuck with a projector view and nothing on the laptop.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

The other option would be to run BT in VmWare.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Maybe a stupid question but does anything display on the projector when you first power it on?
    If you don't try press Alt+F4 and/or making sure the external display is not disabled in the BIOS (either press F2,F12 or ESC to enter depending on the system).

If you still do not see anything it a issues with your laptop not BT