Thread: Wont connect to WPA?

Just burned his ISO

Default Wont connect to WPA?

I have installed BT3 and i also tried BT2 live cd, when i try and connect to my wireless which has WPA enabled, it just wont connect, lways failed.

Is there something i am doing wrong apart from going through wireless assistant.

Please help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuric View Post
    I have installed BT3 and i also tried BT2 live cd, when i try and connect to my wireless which has WPA enabled, it just wont connect, lways failed.

Is there something i am doing wrong apart from going through wireless assistant.

Please help

Thanks
    Wireless Assistant is useless, use the command line. Try this thread it was very helpful for me and i still reference it.

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

Its hit or miss with me. That thread G_Dub referenced is helpful, as is the one started by -=Xploitz=- on configuring the supplicant.conf file.

I can connect with wireless assistant if I use my intel 3945, but not my Realtek 8180. However, I can connect with command line configuration on the Realtek, but not the Intel.

Now if Backtrack can get wireless setup like Ubuntu.....

William

Quote Originally Posted by zuric View Post

Please help

Thanks
    Yeah forget wireless assistant, better off using CLI & that way you also learn a lot better