Thread: winlockpwn

Just burned his ISO

Red face winlockpwn

Has anyone been able to successfully run winlockpwn using backtrack2 or 3beta. The reason I am asking this is because I would like to try to implent into backtrack or follow someones working instruction before I continue on my own.

By the winlockpwn is an appliction that allows a person to bypass windows authentication using firewire.

I really don't know but I'm almost certain it'd work fine.

I believe this is winlockpwn's website.

http://storm.net.nz/projects/16

They appear to have some awesome looking projects going on.

http://storm.net.nz/projects
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by vitalangel View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully run winlockpwn using backtrack2 or 3beta. The reason I am asking this is because I would like to try to implent into backtrack or follow someones working instruction before I continue on my own.

By the winlockpwn is an appliction that allows a person to bypass windows authentication using firewire.
    you're going to have to install some additional libraries to get winlockpwn running on BT, maybe the final will have that stuff built in

I've been trying to get winlockpwn to work on BT3 as I have it working fine on an install of Ubuntu.

It compiled all ok once i'd installed Python etc but I get the following error when trying to run businfo. If I get any further will post an update.

./businfo
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./businfo", line 7, in <module>
    import firewire
    File "/root/pythonraw1394/firewire.py", line 20, in <module>
    import raw1394
    File "/root/pythonraw1394/raw1394.py", line 7, in <module>
    import _raw1394
    ImportError: libraw1394.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Developer

It would help to pastebin the particular script the error is coming from otherwise its hard to determine what it looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jonah_15 View Post
    I've been trying to get winlockpwn to work on BT3 as I have it working fine on an install of Ubuntu.

It compiled all ok once i'd installed Python etc but I get the following error when trying to run businfo. If I get any further will post an update.

./businfo
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./businfo", line 7, in <module>
    import firewire
    File "/root/pythonraw1394/firewire.py", line 20, in <module>
    import raw1394
    File "/root/pythonraw1394/raw1394.py", line 7, in <module>
    import _raw1394
    ImportError: libraw1394.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    well, did you install libraw1394 libraries?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by __CG__ View Post
    well, did you install libraw1394 libraries?
    I’ve got it all working on my install of BT3, I will document over the next few days and post to Tutorials & Guides

I can't post to Tutorials and Guides due to URL's located in the guide so drop me a private message if you want the guide.