Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xploitz Master Password Collection

Just burned his ISO

Default Xploitz Master Password Collection

First let me say thanks again for Xploitz and Pureh@te for posting their password files.

I have downloaded Xploitz collection and it's about 3.6gb. It is in several different folders containing over 100 files. I've tried to follow the steps provided with the download to merge it all to one password txt file, but no luck.

Although I have searched quite a bit, I am currently stuck trying to find a way to merge all the files and folders that are in Xploitz password collection. I am trying to use the command

cat *.* > /root/bigfile.txt

but it is not working as there are 12 folders containing about 3.5gb of files, but because they are in folders, this command doesn't work. Cat --help, doesn't shed any light on the way to get all the files within the folders to merge into bigfile.txt

Also, once I have Xploitz password list compiled into one big file, I assume it would be prudent to then merge pureh@tes also. Is there a command so I can remove duplicates, etc?

Developer

You need to research the cat command some more however I will try to help. * is a wildcard for as many chars after it as the compter can find. so....

cat /root/pass* >> newfile.txt will add every file begining in pass and ending in whatever the computer can find.

So.... based on that information you can use wild cards to merge your files.

cat /root/*/*/*.* >> onebigfile.txt will merge every thing 3 directories down from root.

once your big file is made you can sort it by alphabet and remove duplicates with cat as well

cat onebigfile.txt | sort |uniq >> bigsortedfile.txt

note the >> adds to a existing file and the > overwrites the old contents with new contents.

Note expect sorting 3.6GB + to take ages and ages.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default ok

thanks for the information, I'll give it a try today and post if I have solved it or not.

Ok

I tried this a while ago with Xploitz and PureH@tes lists.
    But it didn't merge and sort correctly. Ie. A lot was missed off

Is it due to the amount of RAM or File Size limitations??

Quote Originally Posted by gordon__1 View Post
    thanks for the information, I'll give it a try today and post if I have solved it or not.
    On a related note, depending how often you plan to manipulate the list(s); for removing duplicates and generating custom sub lists I'd suggest dropping it all into a MySQL DB.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default I'm Stuck

K I'm stuck, I'm doing something totally wrong.

I have the files located on my external USB drive.

/media/USB/Xploitz master password collection/xploitz passwords

the directory "exploitz passwords" contains the 12 folder and some files that I am trying to merge into one password file.

When I tried different commands using Cat, it started copying files from the etc directory, although i wasn't in that directory and it was nowhere in my terminal command

Please help, this is frustrating

Just burned his ISO

Default stuck

so I do this:

/media/USB/Xploitz master password collection# cat /xploitz passwords/*/*.* >> password.txt

i get this:

cat: /xploitz: No such file or directory
    cat: passwords/*/*.*: No such file or directory

Trying to get all the files and folders in the directory xploitz passwords to merge into a file I'm calling password.txt

1) *nix OSes are caps specific.
    2) In order to have spaces included in the path you need to quote the path. i.e.: "/media/USB/Xploitz master password collection"
    3a) When you're working on files within a directory you don't need to specify any part of the path or you can specify ./ (since you're already there).
    3b) When you start specifying a path with / it assumes the path you're describing starts at root (i.e.: cd /).
    i.e.:
    cat /xploitz passwords/*/*.* >> password.txt
    Assuming "/xploitz passwords/" should actually be "/media/USB/Xploitz master password collection", your command prompt says you're already in the directory so you'd want "./*/*.* >> password.txt".
    or
    Does "/media/USB/Xploitz master password collection/xploitz passwords/" or "/xploitz passwords/" actually exist?

4) If you're doing this all on a USB device. You have 3.6GB + already on the device is there 3.6GB + free since you're going to end up with a second copy of everything (in a single file)? (I'm concerned that you're working on a 4GB or 8GB USB Key and gonna run out of space).

Just burned his ISO

Default stuck

Thorin,
    Thanks alot, the comments about the spaces needing "" is important, along with the other observations you made. This drive is 160gb and I've put it aside to use for the password lists and also rainbow tables. I'm reading as much as I can along these lines of study. You are a big help. I will now try to complete this task.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast