Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying pc-equipment in Thailand

Just burned his ISO

Default Buying pc-equipment in Thailand

Hello

I'm going away to thailand tomorrow and just wonder if i could spend some money in some stuff for my pcs. For example a couple of wireless cards and maybe some usb flash disks.

This might be a damn stupid question but i assume they have the same standard in usb and what not as in europe.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grani View Post
    Hello

I'm going away to thailand tomorrow and just wonder if i could spend some money in some stuff for my pcs. For example a couple of wireless cards and maybe some usb flash disks.

This might be a damn stupid question but i assume they have the same standard in usb and what not as in europe.
    The standards are the same. You may not find software support for the thai language though.

You're going to Thailand and will be looking for.....................PC parts!?!?

After reading it again I somewhat misinterpreted the question. Getting drivers in a language you are able to comprehend can be difficult when purchasing computer parts from foreign countries.

One thing I've learned is that a majority of the time with computer parts is that price is very consistent with quality. I would personally be a little leary of buying from thailand.

I'm assuming that is part of what Re@lity is somewhat shocked about. I have no real first hand experience with the quality of computer parts that are purchased in thailand.

No, just my (sometimes odd) sense of humour

Thailand's main tourist attraction is usually women or drugs, at least from what I've heard..............maybe I've just been asking the wrong people

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post

Thailand's main tourist attraction is usually women or drugs, at least from what I've heard..............maybe I've just been asking the wrong people
    Oh yea, I've heard many things about the women your referring to.

I'm unsure about the drugs though.

Seriously though, I would certainly be aware of "fake" products (like the Cisco gear from China) although I don't actually know if that's an issue in Thailand.........but going by their attitude to pirated software, games, DVD's, etc, I'd certainly be wary

Seriously though, I would certainly be aware of "fake" products (like the Cisco gear from China) although I don't actually know if that's an issue in Thailand.........but going by their attitude to pirated software, games, DVD's, etc, I'd certainly be wary
    I would avoid things like:

Linksis, Cisko, Microhard, 2Wire, SanDisc, 3Comm, Netgeer, Compack, Bellkin, Seegate, IBN, Tosheeba, Maxtor.

Warranties probably won't do you much good either unless its a manufacturer warranty.

Enjoy your trip to Thailand!

Or men that look like women until they take their clothes off

No... I don't have first hand experience. It's from what I heard.

My wife's been there. Freeaakky!!!
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I have been to Thailand a couple of times when I was in the Marine Corps, so I will throw a little bit of friendly advice out here... (I was in a relationship when I visited so I did not partake, but I watched and listened to my friends!!)

Always watch for the adams apple... this is the easiest way to tell the ladyboys...

However as prostitution is legal in Thailand, the best way to tell them is- ask the bar owner!! (or tender) They will tell you... and since they ate also checked for STD's etc you are good to go.... just pay the "bar fine" (the bars cut), negotiate the price and take her upstairs...

On a serious note though... do try to take a elephant tour- they are fantastic!! (this is where you ride an elephant during a jungle tour)

Another great thing to do is get on a deep sea fishing charter and ask them to take you to a cove for lunch and snorkeling... they will take you to a tropical paradise and clean/ cook the smaller fish that you catch on the way there, and while they do that... you snorkel!! (I broke my right ear drum and came face to face with a moray eel doing that... )

Have fun... Thailand is a spectacular country... look up a bar called "The Crow's nest"... it's owned by a former Navy guy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast