HP tx2000 power switch bug
I just bought a Hp tx2000(2028). I've encountered several problems so far.
- No sound
- Broadcom wireless chipset
- Screen blacks out after boot (press the power switch to continue)
1) lspci is useful here.. but I don't see any need to have sound.
2) lspci (need more information)
3) Have you tried using boot hacks such as bt noacpi irqpoll ?
1 try #alsaconf at a shell prompt
Originally Posted by vio1ator
2. broadcom sucks have a look around for it here in the forums and you will see.
3. try #xconf at a shell prompt before doing #startx
if that fails try #xorgconfig at a shell prompt first.
4. Try to search a little next time all of these questions have been answered.
Actually sound isnt important, i can live without it. Getting wireless to work is more important.
I've tried noacpi irqpoll, still the same.
http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Cheats - Boot hack/cheat codes
maybe try bt acpi=off irqpoll noagp nopcmcia
You can also try some more varied boot hacks from: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
Ok, the black screen at boot has been solved. Now i guess broadcom wireless would be a problem.
Any clue as to what fixed the black screen at startup for you? I just purchased a tx 2120 yesterday.
what does lspci say about the card? I need the full information and also is the module loaded for that card? can you see ethX?
i have the same problem with the same laptop, did u find i way 2 fix it?