Thread: Newly registered - can't post

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Newly registered - can't post

Hi guys,

I've just joined this excellent forum after spending a few weeks getting to grips with BT3 beta which I have to admit is a fantastic Linux distro and the ultimate pen testing platform.

Anyway, even though I've activated my account I'm not able to post in any forum other than this one - I get a message saying I don't have permission etc.

Is there something I'm missing or does an admin need to look at my account?

Cheers,
    SlingShot

Quote Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
    Anyway, even though I've activated my account I'm not able to post in any forum other than this one - I get a message saying I don't have permission etc.

Is there something I'm missing or does an admin need to look at my account?

Cheers,
    SlingShot
    Yes. You're missing the forum rules, which moderates new user posts and restricts new users to certain areas of the board. If would have read the rules when you signed up, you would have known that.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Yes. You're missing the forum rules, which moderates new user posts and restricts new users to certain areas of the board. If would have read the rules when you signed up, you would have known that.
    Thanks for confirming that. I knew posts would go into moderation for 3 days after joining but it seemed inconsistent where I was able to attempt to reply or post etc, so I wondered if something might be wrong with my account.

No problem though - all clear now.