Thread: invalid lines in airolib

Default invalid lines in airolib

What is it that makes airolib decide to ignore an invalid line?

I have noticed on some wordlists that it will ignore every single line, and others it will only ignore a few.

Maybe a formatting problem of the wordlist? Tabs? Spaces?

Unhappy millions ignored

Well now I am in the middle of compiling a massive airolib database and I still can't figure out the reason behind the ignoring lines.

I spent a day downloading every wordlist I could find, including the few great ones on here, and in the end I had over 1000 wordlists, I then used a simple copy command in windows to copy everything into one file, which turned out to be ~7.15Gb.

Then I let airolib run for a couple days just importing the psswds and the top 1000 essid list, and the last time I checked before it finished it was at 590 million lines, with 198 million ignored.

And now I am batching it at 5,800,000 PMK going ~173 PMK/s.

I would like to pinpoint why 1.9 mil are ignored.

less than 8 characters perhaps?

curious, but how big is your storage your working with?

because thats gonna be one huge table

Quote Originally Posted by defcon88 View Post
    Well now I am in the middle of compiling a massive airolib database and I still can't figure out the reason behind the ignoring lines.

I spent a day downloading every wordlist I could find, including the few great ones on here, and in the end I had over 1000 wordlists, I then used a simple copy command in windows to copy everything into one file, which turned out to be ~7.15Gb.

Then I let airolib run for a couple days just importing the psswds and the top 1000 essid list, and the last time I checked before it finished it was at 590 million lines, with 198 million ignored.

Try doing a +- 2Gb file and see if any are ignored. If not.. the problem must be the size. Also batch processing could be the problem. try combining the wordlists more gradually.

That's just a wild guess
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by defcon88 View Post

It could be what merlin051 is suggesting, invaild password length?
    where are you getting these passwords from, Please don't say the Argon List?

For a 1/2 decent database, you will need to make sure all yoru passwords are on seperate lines
    password1
    password2
    password3
    etc... & more than 8 chars & less than 63, if there are spaces like
    password1

password2

password3
    Then that is probably why it's ignoring lines, make sence? how big is your storage as per merlin051 ?? this will be going into terabyte lol

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    curious, but how big is your storage your working with?

because thats gonna be one huge table
    1TB, so far the database has just been around 5.5GB, but I have plenty of space for that to grow, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    It could be what merlin051 is suggesting, invaild password length?
    where are you getting these passwords from, Please don't say the Argon List?
    how big is your storage as per merlin051 ?? this will be going into terabyte lol
    Oh haha, I read about the argon list, I stayed way away from that piece of crap.

But every password seems to be on a seperate line, the only lines that I thought airolib might not be liking is the comment lines, but after viewing the final text file, I seemed to have removed all of them.

And yes I am prepared for this to grow quite large, 4X250GB satas in Raid0 oughta keep me busy for a while .

Just burned his ISO

airolib only adds passwords of length 8 to 63, as this is apparently the minimum for wpa

Quote Originally Posted by iNs4n3 View Post
    airolib only adds passwords of length 8 to 63, as this is apparently the minimum for wpa
    ahhhh that makes sense, for some reason I was under the impression it was 2 to 63. Thanks!