Thread: Failure to associate?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Failure to associate?

Ok, so I am trying an AP with no clients. I have searched for quite some time, and read lots of tutorials from many sites and none of my research has seemed to fix my issue. I try to associate myself to the AP but it just *ignores* my requests. I know I can reach the AP because I was getting deauth packets for a while on another test, so my packaets can reach the router for sure. The commands I am using to associate are:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e apname -a apmac -h mymac eth0

aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e apname -a apmac -h mymac eth0
    which yields me

Sending authentication request

over and over until it finally gives me a nice paragraph about why its potentially not working. I have tried lowering my txrate to 2M and 1M. Locked my device to the AP channel. I have tried starting airmon before, after, during the tests, ive tried various attacks HOPING that it would just magically work (which it of course did not). In the end, its all because I have a failure to associate and cannot understand why. Before you flame me, plsd to know that I am on a budget and cannot afford any decent hardware atm, so im kinda stuck with a piece of crap broadcom. :s

System specs

hp dv6000 laptop with broadcom 4311
    bt2 final live cd

I hope I have been detailed enough.

Just burned his ISO

How about you change your mac? In case the filtering is on. It ususally is not, but people who wanna protect their wifi will turn it on. Your router's mac could work. If not, wait till someone associates and note their mac. Needless to say but I say anyway, noone is gonna associate to your router... But if you are hacking your buddy's router with permission, you would want to wait till he associates with it. A boring wait, but with airoscript.sh you don't have to wait by the monitor... I think.
    Your best bet is to change the command you are using. It is easy to mess that up, copy the steps showed in the e-z wepkrakk tutorials, search e-z wep crack tutorial here.

Just burned his ISO

I forgot to mention;
    I have a similar prob on my ap where the association is successful :-) but the injection just sprays out packets that aren't acknowledged anyway, so it is useless to me.
    What you do is dis: While you are capturing ivs, get another puter with xp or w ever and connect to the ap! enter anything as a wep key, and when it tries to connect, it should show up as associated. If it does, it is associated, and you have done what you wanted to do that way. The biggest drawback here is that you need another computer.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stigmata View Post
    Before you flame me, plsd to know that I am on a budget and cannot afford any decent hardware atm, so im kinda stuck with a piece of crap broadcom. :s
    Not a flame man but seriously you can get some of the supported cards/dongles etc. for about $20.00 US. Maybe even cheaper.

You might wanna think about some fast ways to earn some cash that you cold devote to it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.