Thread: BackTrack 3 Medion laptop Ralink WLAN card help

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation BackTrack 3 Medion laptop Ralink WLAN card help

I recently d/led and booted BackTrack 3 on my medion laptop(medion.de/md96420/au). It seemed to work fine but the only problem was that it wouldn't detect my Wireless receiver.

The wireless LAN card is intergrated and this is some of the information that i have on it:

Ralink Technology, Corp. 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

I'm pretty sure it supports 802.11g and 802.11b aswell as 802.11n.

That's as much info as i can find that i think is relavent. Please let me know if anymore info is required.

Thanks in advance,
    Pat.

Ralink make a few chip sets. Have a gander at the Serial Monkeys rt2x00 Project website for supported drivers. http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/...#Latest%20News
    You need to determine more specifically your card chip set first though. BT3 does has support for some of the Ralink drivers like rt73 and rt2500

Just burned his ISO

Thanks, i was able to find a driver for it =] now it's just a matter of installing the driver... i'll see how i go. thanks for your help

Just burned his ISO

hey man.. i have the same problem you have. i tried running backtrack but it said it couldnt detect my wireless card... i went to that serialmonkey link but i dont know which one to download... can you help me? thanks...