Thread: People on network

Just burned his ISO

Default People on network

Hey guys. I am new here but I had a quick question. I live in an apartment and I have people that are somehow getting on my network through my encryption. After looking at the things on this site I see how easy it would be for someone to be on my network, so I need some help. I heard that you can redirect certain ip or mac addresses on a network to a web page. I was wondering how to do this. Also I am pretty skilled in web design so I was wondering if there was a way for me to create some sort of login page that you have to go to before you could access any other page. Kind of like what happens when you go to an airport.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    Hey guys. I am new here but I had a quick question. I live in an apartment and I have people that are somehow getting on my network through my encryption. After looking at the things on this site I see how easy it would be for someone to be on my network, so I need some help. I heard that you can redirect certain ip or mac addresses on a network to a web page. I was wondering how to do this. Also I am pretty skilled in web design so I was wondering if there was a way for me to create some sort of login page that you have to go to before you could access any other page. Kind of like what happens when you go to an airport.

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Kevin
    Why not just use WPA and a strong password.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I have 2 iphones that connect to my wireless so I need it to be WEP, and from reading on here it looks very hackable. Thanks for the reply. If anyone can find any info I would really apreciate it.

Developer

If you must use wep you only have a few options.

1) use mac filtering - however this is also trivial to over come

2) change your essid and then disable the broadcast of it - sound simple however if you give your self a complicated essid it can be some what effective

3) look into creating a captive portal in which you run a login page on your computer or somewhere on the net. You set your router to redirect to that page.

4) also make sure to set your password on your router and disable the feature which allows you to access the GUI wirelessly.

When I go out of town I set up one of my routers on a different subnet and I set the http:// redirect to only go to lemonparty.org and then I change the essid to "open wifi here". Its loads of fun.

Just burned his ISO

oh man thats awesome. I'm gonna try that. thanks for the wep advice and I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I set the h**p:// redirect to only go to lemonparty.org
    i was curious to see what that site was, and i am scarred for life. bingo party gone wrong? WTF! i bet whomever tries to steal wifi will NEVER try again, with that image permanently burned into their brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    I have 2 iphones that connect to my wireless so I need it to be WEP, and from reading on here it looks very hackable. Thanks for the reply. If anyone can find any info I would really apreciate it.
    My iPhone connects with wpa just fine. WEP is evil and should never be used.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69