Thread: Network Card Seen As eth0, not wifi0 or wlan0

Just burned his ISO

Default Network Card Seen As eth0, not wifi0 or wlan0

So I have been reading all over the place about getting Intel Pro 3945ABG working on back track but I dont think thats my issue because I have network activity.... I did a quick dnsmap of google and was able to connect. Furthermore ifconfig shows I am getting ip information from eth0.

Now, I am running the Beta 3 through MS Virtual PC 2007 with my network card selected as the network device. Other variable I am wondering about: does it matter if my wireless switch on the front of my notebook is on or off? and, does it matter if I have an active network connection in windows while im running BT3.

If i can get BT3 to recognize my card as wireless I would have no problems cracking I think.

Thanks!

ps - I know there is a BT3 support section but I have to wait three days before I can post there. I was up incredibly late last night trying to get this working and was reading every single post with info on 3945 drivers to no avail because of my particular issue

Developer

To my knowledge virtual machines only support usb wireless cards.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    To my knowledge virtual machines only support usb wireless cards.
    I was going to say the same thing, because I know VMware doesn't support anything but USB, but honestly I didn't know about Virtual PC. But here is the official answer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824623
    SYMPTOMS
    You cannot directly access your PC Card device in a virtual machine.

CAUSE
    This issue occurs because Virtual PC does not support direct access of PC Card devices in a virtual machine.
    Note however that there is a workaround.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Seems like there is no way around it.... guess ill burn a cd image and try it that way. Most likely if I can still get an internet connection on VPC then it should recognize my notebook's wireless...

Ill report back