Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Backtrack Apps In Ubuntu...

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    I have some HP's too, and generally find they run BT fine - DV9292's, a V6000 and an older V2000 (iirc!)
    This is why I wondered what model the guy has?

I had never heard of that nubuntu either........

I see that they no longer host their screenshots themselves, due to excessive bandwidth issues.
    Also, the download link gives me a 404

Edit: In fairness though, it would seem that the project has remained static for a while now.
    It would appear that they're awaiting the new (8.04?) release of Ubuntu before taking up the project again...
    Here is a great site security and forensics distros

http://www.securitydistro.com/security-distros/

Hot Damn thanks for all the replies guys I might just pick up one of those other distros I just feel so unclean using ubuntu for BT applications. Im using a HP Pavillion dv6714ca there is another post in this forum about my live cd not booting all the details are there if you want to gander.

EDIT: I mainly use backtrack for wireless applications, can anyone reccomend off the top of their head another distro that would be well served for this purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by abseeley View Post
    Hot Damn thanks for all the replies guys I might just pick up one of those other distros I just feel so unclean using ubuntu for BT applications. Im using a HP Pavillion dv6714ca there is another post in this forum about my live cd not booting all the details are there if you want to gander.

EDIT: I mainly use backtrack for wireless applications, can anyone reccomend off the top of their head another distro that would be well served for this purpose?
    Yes... Backtrack

As people have said... Backtrack should work with your laptop

Look at that link... I think it's all there.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Where exactly does it hang? Have you tried to research boot options to help? My friends laptop needs to use the VGA boot option in order to boot properly. Without it, his laptop hangs when he tries to boot.

Also, I don't remember seeing you reply on whether your using BT2 or BT3beta?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Id have to dbl check but im pretty sure its BT2, how would i put it into vga mode, since im having a graphics issue (i believe) then this could help! Would BT3beta have some new drivers and whatnot that might bring me up to compatible status?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12