Thread: Fixed in CVS?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Fixed in CVS?

Okay, I know I'm asking a noob question here, but what is the CVS Root used by the backtrack distro, or is it different for every application?

I ask because all I see for some of the bugs on the wiki are the words "Fixed in CVS" with no instructions on how it was fixed or what the user can do to fix it. I attempted to google for some idea, but could find nothing on Backtrack and CVS (the forum says it's too short of a string to search on.) After reading about CVS on Wikipedia (not the best source, but informative nonetheless,) I'm assuming that the Backtrack team is running a CVS server and that there is a way for me to connect to it to get the latest updates.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Developer

That simply means it will be fixed in bt final. Although there has been talk of a backtrack specific repo at this point it does not exist.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you pureh@te. I was afraid that was the answer, but at least now I know. I managed to find a post from you in the BT2 forum stuff somewhere about adding a CVS repository, and I was hoping that it had been implemented for BT3.

Ah well, guess I'll just have to sit tight and wait for the final release.