Thread: For anyone looking for IT work/experience or wanting cheaper repair!

Hybrid View

Exclamation For anyone looking to get IT work/experience or wanting cheaper repair!

https://www.onforce.com/

This place is awesome, you can sign up as a provider or a buyer. It works like workorders in mmo's. Someone needs a pc repair guy, makes a workorder, it gets routed to people who signed up as providers and onforce gets 10%. It basically eliminates the corporate middle man and instead of paying geek squad $200 to diagnose and fix your pc you can pay a freelance tech $100 and he still makes more than geek squad would pay him.

I just did a workorder on friday for a bank merger conversion and all I had to do was take out the old computers and put the new pre imaged machines in their place. I got paid $35 an hour and worked for 11 hours and 45 min, so Im getting $360 for 11 hours worth of work....And they bought me Pappa Johns pizza and had a tropicana O.J. machine! Also you get free Dell certs for being an onforce partner.
    Dell charges $175 for each of these certs and there's like over 50 you can get. These people are giving away money!

Here's what a WO looks like

Just burned his ISO

Looks intresting for a side job, or someone just staring out.
    Only problem I see is that the work is all over.
    What are the chances you would get work regulary and in your city

Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
    Looks intresting for a side job, or someone just staring out.
    Only problem I see is that the work is all over.
    What are the chances you would get work regulary and in your city
    Pretty good pending on where you live, whats needed in your area, and how far your willing to travel. This is my 3rd week signed up with them and I have already done that work order and declined on 3 others. So 4 work orders routed to me in 3 weeks isnt to bad, though I live in orlando and I'm sure its a little more active than other areas.

Its still incredibly worth it if nothing else just to get the free dell certs.

I want a UK version of that.

Would be good for some beer tokens for the weekends.