Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: all filtered ports, now what?

linuxbeast

How much success have you had. Without going to the target computer, can you know if it's working? Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeast View Post
    Okay, I'm just wondering what kind of success you guys have had and if your connection requires a lot of bandwidth to perform these. I have FIOS but my ISP still limits it some. Ive got 1.2 mb/s download speed max on certain servers. What I want to know is can these things take down/crash routers, or will they only disable the net connection of the user.
    What? Success with what? You are the one wondering about DoSing correct? And what "things" are you refering to exactly?

How much success have you had. Without going to the target computer, can you know if it's working? Thanks for the tips

See above comment....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeast View Post
    Okay, I'm just wondering what kind of success you guys have had and if your connection requires a lot of bandwidth to perform these. I have FIOS but my ISP still limits it some. Ive got 1.2 mb/s download speed max on certain servers. What I want to know is can these things take down/crash routers, or will they only disable the net connection of the user.
    I thought I already said your downstream doesn't matter.

Since your the one sending its your upstream size that counts.

Just burned his ISO lock_n_loll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Might wanna check out the difference between a DDoS and a DoS.

You wouldn't need to call anyone you just need to read your ISP's Terms of Service. Yea I know reading...

If I'm not mistaken your upstream has to be greater than or equal to your targets downstream if your planning on doing an old fashioned DoS attack. There are several exploits that create a DoS effect though you might want to check out milw0rm for some of them.

Getting to know your targets firewall would be my first step in finding a vulnerability. Try a few different nmap scans, hell try all of them! Firewalk is another good program from what I hear. Once you know the firewall and its workarounds everything else will pretty much proceed as normal. I also don't see why a software firewall couldn't be exploited just the same as any other listening service. Banner grab and try to exploit it. Good Luck.
    Might wanna check out the difference between a DDoS and a DoS.

HHmmm so please explained to me
    Damn Am I Late ?
    Mitsubishi AMITY XP P166 MMX 32M HD 6 GB Linksys WPC11 v4 FreeBSD 7.0 + BT2

No one is going to hold your hand. Practice your Google'Fu and start finding some answers for yourself, you'll be better off....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Wow a whole 3 minutes between posts asking exactly the same question.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12