Thread: bootsplash problem

Just burned his ISO

Default bootsplash problem

hello.

i've installed BT3, on dual boot with winxp, and i have some questions:
    1. how can i make the bootsplash working ? because now it's working in text mode, (when i boot from bt3 live cd, the bootsplash it's working but now once i've installed on my hdd, it's working in text mode! why ?)
    2. i have a fench keyboard, and when i'm asked to put the username and the password it'x configured in english...so how i can set BT3, that it will recognize the french keyboard ? in the Xserver it's working but how i do this in text mode ?

thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by snoopx View Post
    hello.

i've installed BT3, on dual boot with winxp, and i have some questions:
    1. how can i make the bootsplash working ? because now it's working in text mode, (when i boot from bt3 live cd, the bootsplash it's working but now once i've installed on my hdd, it's working in text mode! why ?)
    2. i have a fench keyboard, and when i'm asked to put the username and the password it'x configured in english...so how i can set BT3, that it will recognize the french keyboard ? in the Xserver it's working but how i do this in text mode ?

thank you .
    1. I like text mode so I had no reason to find a way to change it, however I'm sure the search function should be able to reveal a solution for you.

2. To change your keyboard layout I think you can just edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

In text mode. Type nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf - Hit enter
    Use the up and down arrows to find the section that says something like this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"

Edit or add this line if it doesn't exist before where it says EndSection:

Option "XkbLayout" "fr"

Press Ctrl+X and type Y to save. Press enter to save as /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Hope that helps

There's also a French Backtrack support forum if you're interested.
    http://forum.backtrack-fr.net/
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Default merci :)

i solved the problem with bootsplash...and now i will try to change the keyboard...thank's a lot