Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentest framework

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    That's odd!? It did work, as that's where I visited the site from originally.
    As Thorin suggests, it's all available from the main page.
    Anyway, just pasted it back in, from the source page, and it works now - save anyone getting a dead link
    Yea, I checked out the main page I just didn't know exactly what he was referring to in the second link.

Thanks for fixing it!

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Yea, I checked out the main page I just didn't know exactly what he was referring to in the second link.
    It isn't dead obvious but there were a number of clues.

Looking at what as linked:
    "http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.c...on%20Test.html"

It should be obvious that it's the same host (the host portion is only missing 3 letters). Next we see that the URL ends in a URL encoded space (%20) then Test.html . Preceding the encoded space we see the letters "on", you have to make a bigger leap on this part but since we know the point of the post and the point of the site guessing "Penetration" seems fair. So armed with these details we can now head over to the first link (to the main site/page) and mouseover a bunch of links until the relevant one appears in the lower left of the browser window.

You could also hit the main page and view source then search for "%20Test.html" or "Test.html" all occurrences of which on the main page/site point to "Penetration%20Test.html".

Anyway, not to say anyone is right or wrong or did anything they shouldn't have, just thought it might apply for future posts etc....

On a side note I'm always disappointed in that site......who puts freakin spaces in names of files meant for web hosting except a diehard Winblows user?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12