Thread: Pentest framework

Hybrid View

Default Pentest framework

I realize that I cannot post any url's untill I reach 15 posts, but I found what I think is a great resource that I did search the forums for and did not find.

I would like to get the information out there (and also get people's opinions on it) and was wondering if there was any user, or perhaps a mod that I could pm the information to and they could post it (and obviously check the validity of before they posted it)?

I don't really care how the information gets out there, just as long as it does, as I know I am eager to learn and would like to give back to the community.

Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jac01 View Post
    I realize that I cannot post any url's untill I reach 15 posts, but I found what I think is a great resource that I did search the forums for and did not find.
    I would like to get the information out there (and also get people's opinions on it) and was wondering if there was any user, or perhaps a mod that I could pm the information to and they could post it (and obviously check the validity of before they posted it)?
    I don't really care how the information gets out there, just as long as it does, as I know I am eager to learn and would like to give back to the community.
    Thanks in advance.
    Even though you can not post a valid url you can always substitute letters or whatever
    http://www.remote-exploit.org is valid
    hxxp://www.remote-exploit.org is not valid

As for posting something as long as it meets the rules you should be ok.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thank you for the advice, had I seen it before I sent the pm back to re@lity I would have taken this route instead and posted it here... all well, you live and you learn right?

Thanks for the help.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jac01 View Post
    Thank you for the advice, had I seen it before I sent the pm back to re@lity I would have taken this route instead and posted it here... all well, you live and you learn right?

Thanks for the help.
    No problems
    Cheers
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

It's an interesting looking site with a quite nice "pentest framework" laid out for all

Quote Originally Posted by Jac01
    Thank you for the welcome... I think I have built up my Linux knowledge to the point where I can handle this distro... I digress... here is the link to the main page which is a very good resource for computers in general-

http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.co.uk

The link I am mainly wanting to get out the word about as it is a framework/guideline for pentesting is the following link-
    http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.c...on%20Test.html

Thank you for the prompt response to my problem and I hope this helps out a lot of people.
    Thanks, Jac01, for mentioning it and for checking first - wouldn't have wanted to see it marked as spam, being a 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    It's an interesting looking site with a quite nice "pentest framework" laid out for all

Thanks, Jac01, for mentioning it and for checking first - wouldn't have wanted to see it marked as spam, being a 1st post
    Not a problem... better safe then sorry right?