Thread: Rdp

Just burned his ISO

Default Rdp

So, I have a laptop I am currently using as a Media Center. I have it set up with TightVNC it runs decent, but id rather just use RDP. The laptop is running XP Home - the desktop is running Vista Ultimate. I cannot connect from my desktop to my laptop, but I can connect from the XP Home laptop to the Vista desktop. I have no idea how this nonsense is happening, but it is. Any thoughts?
    I've gotten Yellow dog to run on my electric toothbrush

Chucky, dear, does this forum look to you like the Microsoft Support Forums?

anyway... check if RDP is enabled? google is your friend

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    So, I have a laptop I am currently using as a Media Center. I have it set up with TightVNC it runs decent, but id rather just use RDP. The laptop is running XP Home - the desktop is running Vista Ultimate. I cannot connect from my desktop to my laptop, but I can connect from the XP Home laptop to the Vista desktop. I have no idea how this nonsense is happening, but it is. Any thoughts?
    Read the rules
    Read the Rules once again
    This is backtrack 3 forum.

Just burned his ISO

Chucky,

You cannot RDP into windowsXP home (You can into PRO though), you can however rdp from it.

Oh and you shouldnt post windows crap here on these forums.

Love always,
    -Chrisso

Just burned his ISO

Chucky, dear, does this forum look to you like the Microsoft Support Forums?

anyway... check if RDP is enabled? google is your friend
    I had checked Google for ages, and was coming up with nothing.

Read the rules
    Read the Rules once again
    This is backtrack 3 forum.
    Yeah I understand that, I was just hoping that the General IT board could maybe give me a good answer. Because even though it is Windows based it is a decent protocol that is nice to know about.

Chucky,

You cannot RDP into windowsXP home (You can into PRO though), you can however rdp from it.

Oh and you shouldnt post windows crap here on these forums.

Love always,
    -Chrisso
    Thank you much Chrisso, I had always thought it was the other way around.

And yeah I understand.

And sorry for the windows post! I didn't mean to cause this much fuss. Just had that quick question, and yes I do use BT3. Just I have been using windows for 10 years, and Linux for 3. So I usually spend more time using what I am more comfortable with until I become more comfortable with Linux.

Sorry again.
    I've gotten Yellow dog to run on my electric toothbrush