Thread: is it "Pair-wise" or "Pairwise"?

Default is it "Pair-wise" or "Pairwise"?

does anyone know if the PRF_512 algorithm (WPA PSK) requires the word "Pair-wise key expansion", or just "Pairwise key expansion" in it's hash input? In other words, is the hyphen required?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whistler2008 View Post
    does anyone know if the PRF_512 algorithm (WPA PSK) requires the word "Pair-wise key expansion", or just "Pairwise key expansion" in it's hash input? In other words, is the hyphen required?

thanks
    I've got no idea where you are going with this, but the correct expression is
    "Pairwise key expansion"

lol .. "where im going with this?" sheesh, all I'm doing is modelin
    the HMAC-SHA1 function?

Is that against the rules where you're from???

But thank for the input ... I'll take out the hyphen & let you know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    I've got no idea where you are going with this, but the correct expression is
    "Pairwise key expansion"

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

the HMAC-SHA1 function?

But thank for the input ... I'll take out the hyphen & let you know if it works
    Wouldn't it have been wiser to just try that without the need to start a thread asking about it? It isn't like if you try it and it doesn't work that you're gonna launch missiles or something.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Wouldn't it have been wiser to just try that without the need to start a thread asking about it? It isn't like if you try it and it doesn't work that you're gonna launch missiles or something.
    Funny, this coming from the guy who's desk makes NORAD jealous.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

the HMAC-SHA1 function?

No, it's not against the rules where I come from. As a matter of fact, it is a daily occurrence around here. I have to keep going around the office telling the guys to quit "modelin the HMAC-SHA1 function" and get back to work

You have no idea the trouble that darn HMAC modelin causes me, and don't even get me started about the guys downstairs wasting all day modeling Elliptic curve

Best of luck...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    No, it's not against the rules where I come from. As a matter of fact, it is a daily occurrence around here. I have to keep going around the office telling the guys to quit "modelin the HMAC-SHA1 function" and get back to work

You have no idea the trouble that darn HMAC modelin causes me, and don't even get me started about the guys downstairs wasting all day modeling Elliptic curve

Best of luck...
    ya see, I have a different problem.. I got all these chicks modelin' Vicki Secrets stuff.. It's just so distractin'.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Default funny

lol ... u guys are funny

and whoever said germans don't have a sense of humor ...

well if it's "Pairwise" then my input block is exactly 100 bytes. only issue now is the value of the looping counter. i assumed it was set to 30 hex (0) and incremented by 1 for each for the four loops. but my PTK's still don't resembler the data im collecting over the waves

hmmm