Thread: Possible BT3 bug(Monitor refresh rate)?

Just burned his ISO

Default Possible BT3 bug(Monitor refresh rate)?

Right, so i've been playing around with BT for a while now, very lovely and useful OS indeed; however since I upgraded my computer, I have been getting error after error when trying to run a LIVE disc.

The first problem I was faced with was the BT3 missing data error, Followed its instructions and fixed it, was pleased until I noticed a new error - After going through a few pages of info, my screen went blank, saying that the monitor was running at around 74/60hz. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have google'd and searched the forums, however I am unable to find any information relating to this problem as of yet. Just wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this situation.

My monitor is an LG 22 inch flatron wide screen

My system specs are:
    Intel q9450 CPU
    MSI x48 motherboard
    BFG 9600GT OC2 GPU
    2gb DDR3 Corsair RAM

P.S I'm using BT3 Final.

I have to edit my xorg.conf for one of my machines because xorg screws up the settings. I don't think it's a backtrack bug, it's more of an xorg bug.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

How would i go about editing my xorg.conf? since im running a live CD I'm guessing i will need to re-burn it after i have made the neceserry edits in order for it to actually work.

Your help is apreciated, however it is not as in depth as i need in order to fix this problem. I still have questions un-answered which I believe i need to know.
    Where is the file kept?
    What settings do i need to edit(or is it obvious at first glance)?
    How would I compile the new files into an ISO to re-burn?
    Have I asked the right questions?

Also, I have absolutely no control over BT3F - Since I have no visual output after BT3 has loaded, I would rather not enter any commands completely oblivious to all errors which may be given and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    How would i go about editing my xorg.conf? since im running a live CD I'm guessing i will need to re-burn it after i have made the neceserry edits in order for it to actually work.

Your help is apreciated, however it is not as in depth as i need in order to fix this problem. I still have questions un-answered which I believe i need to know.
    Where is the file kept?
    What settings do i need to edit(or is it obvious at first glance)?
    How would I compile the new files into an ISO to re-burn?
    Have I asked the right questions?

Also, I have absolutely no control over BT3F - Since I have no visual output after BT3 has loaded, I would rather not enter any commands completely oblivious to all errors which may be given and so on.
    The file itself is /etc/X11/xorg.conf

I almost always install B|T live with changes so I can change things to my liking. You should be able to do an alt+f2 to get to the command line and change the file, then alt+f7(or is it f5?) to get back to your blank screen, then do a ctl+alt+backspace to kill X and have it start with your changed xorg.conf .
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Thankyou very much for your continued help and support. I shal go and give this a try now and get back to you with any errors, problems, or otherwise as i make my modifications.

#Edit:

alt+F2 does not work. My monitor still says:
    Code:
    Analog

Out Of Range

74.5kHz/60Hz
    Is there any way to edit BT3 outside of its OS?

Not easily. Can you boot it text mode only?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not easily. Can you boot it text mode only?
    Yeah i can. I can also boot into KDE-VESA.

What exactly do i need to edit in xorg.conf?

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Yeah i can. I can also boot into KDE-VESA.

What exactly do i need to edit in xorg.conf?
    That's the fun part. I'd google your monitor's specs. You need the vertical refresh rate and the horizontal refresh rate. You could also google your monitor's model number and xorg.conf. I'm sure someone has already posted the correct config.