Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: So am I f**cked for now?

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2

    Unhappy So am I f**cked for now?

    Hey guys,

    I'm a lurker, but I recently registered. I've used BT for quite a while, proficient in doing most things (as most of my questions have already been answered), but I recently just had my box's hard drive go belly up on me, so I needed to run backtrack in my new laptop.

    I'm running an HP Pavillion DV7, which is running an Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter. I can get backtrack to work fine on this using the third graphic mode, but I cannot get the wireless line or the ethernet line to be recognized. I've done all the usual steps but I get nothing.

    I did a search on the AR5009 and saw pretty much the only reply to a question about this card is that it's not supported and we'd have to use another distro?

    Can someone confirm to me this is true or do I need to do a HDD install of some sort so i can configure my own drivers with a wrapper?

    Thank you,
    jadez03

  2. #2
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadez03 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I'm a lurker, but I recently registered. I've used BT for quite a while, proficient in doing most things (as most of my questions have already been answered), but I recently just had my box's hard drive go belly up on me, so I needed to run backtrack in my new laptop.

    I'm running an HP Pavillion DV7, which is running an Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter. I can get backtrack to work fine on this using the third graphic mode, but I cannot get the wireless line or the ethernet line to be recognized. I've done all the usual steps but I get nothing.

    I did a search on the AR5009 and saw pretty much the only reply to a question about this card is that it's not supported and we'd have to use another distro?

    Can someone confirm to me this is true or do I need to do a HDD install of some sort so i can configure my own drivers with a wrapper?

    Thank you,
    jadez03
    If you have to use a wrapper, don't even bother, unless all you want is to surf the net.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you have to use a wrapper, don't even bother, unless all you want is to surf the net.
    =\.

    i want to be able to scan and inject, to be able to practice since my other computer i got this working on died on me.

    So pretty much i am screwed huh?

  4. #4
    Member wick86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadez03 View Post
    =\.

    i want to be able to scan and inject, to be able to practice since my other computer i got this working on died on me.

    So pretty much i am screwed huh?
    no not really you could get a USB dongle here check these out

    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...ss#USB_Dongles

    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=2191

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •