Thread: So am I f**cked for now?

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy So am I f**cked for now?

Hey guys,

I'm a lurker, but I recently registered. I've used BT for quite a while, proficient in doing most things (as most of my questions have already been answered), but I recently just had my box's hard drive go belly up on me, so I needed to run backtrack in my new laptop.

I'm running an HP Pavillion DV7, which is running an Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter. I can get backtrack to work fine on this using the third graphic mode, but I cannot get the wireless line or the ethernet line to be recognized. I've done all the usual steps but I get nothing.

I did a search on the AR5009 and saw pretty much the only reply to a question about this card is that it's not supported and we'd have to use another distro?

Can someone confirm to me this is true or do I need to do a HDD install of some sort so i can configure my own drivers with a wrapper?

Thank you,
    jadez03

Quote Originally Posted by jadez03 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm a lurker, but I recently registered. I've used BT for quite a while, proficient in doing most things (as most of my questions have already been answered), but I recently just had my box's hard drive go belly up on me, so I needed to run backtrack in my new laptop.

I'm running an HP Pavillion DV7, which is running an Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter. I can get backtrack to work fine on this using the third graphic mode, but I cannot get the wireless line or the ethernet line to be recognized. I've done all the usual steps but I get nothing.

I did a search on the AR5009 and saw pretty much the only reply to a question about this card is that it's not supported and we'd have to use another distro?

Can someone confirm to me this is true or do I need to do a HDD install of some sort so i can configure my own drivers with a wrapper?

Thank you,
    jadez03
    If you have to use a wrapper, don't even bother, unless all you want is to surf the net.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If you have to use a wrapper, don't even bother, unless all you want is to surf the net.
    =\.

i want to be able to scan and inject, to be able to practice since my other computer i got this working on died on me.

So pretty much i am screwed huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jadez03 View Post
    =\.

i want to be able to scan and inject, to be able to practice since my other computer i got this working on died on me.

So pretty much i am screwed huh?
    no not really you could get a USB dongle here check these out

http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...ss#USB_Dongles

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=2191