Thread: Wireless adapter not detected

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless adapter not detected

okay so i will admit that i am new to this. I saw a demonstration of backtrack 3 recently and decided to try it. I burnt it to a disc and booted my machine. At first i couldn't get in, i tried the first option (KDE) i believe, and got a blank screen. So i browsed around and tried the VESA option and was able to get into backtrack.
    Now the problem is that it cant detect my wireless card, and i have no idea how to get that to work.
    I have no idea what the chipset it is, but i have an HP DV5 laptop, and it has an Intel Wifi Link 5100 Wireless adapter. any ideas? thanks in advance!

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

Also i run with same problem using BT3 on my laptop Acer Aspire One.
    All Nic and wireless not detecting.

please help

As far as both of you are concerned you need to use the fsking search functionality of the forum and take a look at the eleventy billion threads discussing this very thing. Not a good start for your first posts....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

gee thanks. like i havent actually tried looking this up. nothing comes up for the intel wifi link 5100, so i guess the real question is, does BT3 even work with it?

Quote Originally Posted by occiferbarbrady View Post
    gee thanks. like i havent actually tried looking this up. nothing comes up for the intel wifi link 5100, so i guess the real question is, does BT3 even work with it?
    8 seconds.......8 seconds is what it took to find a link to THIS by using the search button. I recommend putting that attitude away and actually trying to learn because nobody here is going to spoon-feed you, especially with something as trivial as getting your wifi up and running.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill