Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: i don't understand how to boot BT3

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default i don't understand how to boot BT3

    I'm a noob in Linux,I has downloaded file "bt3final.iso"
    I extracted it and i saw 2 folders "boot" and "BT3'
    I use Nero to burn them,and then restart my computer to boot this cd,but it can't boot
    I burned another cd with all file in 2 folders "boot", "BT3" and restart my Comp again,but it can't work
    I Don't know how to make it working exactly, please help me
    Sorry because my english
    Thank you very much

  2. #2
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Have Nero burn the iso, don't copy them to the cd.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Nero > Burn Image

    Once In Nero Burning Rom , Not Nero express. Click on Recorder next to "FILE EDIT VIEW" then Burn image. Select Your ISO and you are set.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelat View Post
    I has downloaded file "bt3final.iso"
    I extracted it and i saw 2 folders "boot" and "BT3'
    I use Nero to burn them,and then restart my computer to boot this cd,but it can't boot
    Did you burn the iso correct now? If you are still not able:

    Go to your BIOS menu (F1 / F10 or something like that) and double check if boot from cdrom is your first way to boot!
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

    * post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelat View Post
    I'm a noob in Linux,I has downloaded file "bt3final.iso"
    I extracted it and i saw 2 folders "boot" and "BT3'
    I use Nero to burn them,and then restart my computer to boot this cd,but it can't boot
    I burned another cd with all file in 2 folders "boot", "BT3" and restart my Comp again,but it can't work
    I Don't know how to make it working exactly, please help me
    Sorry because my english
    Thank you very much
    If you do not know how to burn a .iso....
    What are you gonna do whit backtrack?

  6. #6
    Member imported_Deathray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Oh and remember to burn with the lowest speed possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReckaH View Post
    If you do not know how to burn a .iso....
    What are you gonna do whit backtrack?
    I never even heard of Linux before I jumped into BackTrack.
    It's been hard but damn fun since the day I figured out how to burn an ISO :b.
    Judging from your posts here, you don't seem to be helping people or participating in anything useful.
    Instead of purely putting people down, try to make this forum a better place for everyone by asking questions and helping out!
    - Poul Wittig

  7. #7
    Member hawaii67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
    Instead of purely putting people down, try to make this forum a better place for everyone by asking questions and helping out!
    Helping people is just one side of the medal, the other side is the basic idea of this forum's existence. I think you should at least have a small knowledge of some basic stuff. I honestly think this is not the right place here for this question. Maybe I'm wrong with my opinion but how to burn an iso is really very basic! And like somebody else here said, this is no "homework" forum - it is a forum for sophisticated issues/topics/questions. Please correct me if I'm on the wrong way with my opinion .....
    No offense bluelat !

    Edit: Google is your friend!
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

  8. #8
    Member imported_Deathray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaii67 View Post
    Helping people is just one side of the medal, the other side is the basic idea of this forum's existence. I think you should at least have a small knowledge of some basic stuff. I honestly think this is not the right place here for this question. Maybe I'm wrong with my opinion but how to burn an iso is really very basic! And like somebody else here said, this is no "homework" forum - it is a forum for sophisticated issues/topics/questions. Please correct me if I'm on the wrong way with my opinion .....
    No offense bluelat !

    Edit: Google is your friend!
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    Well burning an iso doesn't necessarily have to be basic stuff if you've never encountered an iso before.
    But for the rest of what you say, I do partially agree. Although, it is important to remember that we were all beginners once.
    Maybe this isn't the right forum, but then again I do believe it's called the "Newbie Area" for a reason.
    But yeah back to ReckaH. I replied with "putting people down" referring mostly to his other posts because I haven't seen any other input than negative.
    - Poul Wittig

  9. #9
    Junior Member sin_gage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Burn the iso at the lowest possible speed/rate or simply copy the files to a thumb drive, go to boot directory click on bootinst.bat and follow the instructions. After the reboot your computer and the sure your usb drive is on the top in the boot order
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

  10. #10
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sin_gage View Post
    Burn the iso at the lowest possible speed/rate or simply copy the files to a thumb drive, go to boot directory click on bootinst.bat and follow the instructions. After the reboot your computer and the sure your usb drive is on the top in the boot order
    It's spelled "what".
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •