Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !can't get any power!

Just burned his ISO

Default !can't get any power!

hi, im having trouble cracking my wep key. here are the steps im following and on both of my pcs i get no power and no data packets.

1)airmon-ng stop wlan0
    2)ifconfig wlan0 down
    3)macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    5)iwconfig (shows the interface is wlan0)
    6)modprobe -r iwl3945
    7)modprobe ipwraw
    8)airmon-ng start wifi0 (use interface wifi0 at this point as last 2 steps changed it)
    9)airodump-ng -c (channel) -w (file name) --bssid (bssid) wifi0
    10)aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    11)aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    12)aircrack-ng -b (bssid) (filename-01.cap)

---iwconfig
    ---modprobe -r iwl3945
    ---modprobe ipwraw
    airmon-ng start wifi0 use interface wifi0 at this point as last 2 steps changed it

everytime i get to the stage 9 i get the networks come up and i get 0 in the power section and i get a figure in the PRQ section cant remember what the figure is at the moment ( i think its 100- if it matters please says so and i will find out the figure for you) and i get beacons going up, but i don't get any data packets. does any 1 know what i`m doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Hm ,
    That the power stays at 0 is a known "bug" with the 3945 card, but that doesn't figure.

Tryd using a second box (connected to the AP) and generating Data?
    Also try to use your real mac instead of the faked one ( i had some trouble with this sometimes)

Edit: Oh, just saw that step 9-11 should end with wifi0 instead of wlan0 but i think that's only a posting error.

Edit2: Sry i was wrong , i always skip the airmon step, so wlan0 should work for you.

10)aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    Try to set the ssid too , so your command should look like this:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e <SSID> -a <MAC AP> -h <OWN MAC> wifi0
    With sucess it would say: Association successful!

Then you can proceed your steps.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

from steps 9-12 it should say wifi0 not wlan0 and i wil try ur alternatives, using my real mac and if that doesnt work then i will try using my real mac and using ur sugggestion for stage 9
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e <SSID> -a <MAC AP> -h <OWN MAC> wifi0

Just burned his ISO

if you don't want to use the shell and all those steps you can download the spoonwep2.lzm file that uses GUI and it's easy to use it. You can find it on the forum, just search for it.
    And if you'll use this tool i'll suggest to try all atack modes, i tried all of them and the forge fragmentation atack was the fastest to crack my wep key.
    Also if you want to crack wpa you can use the spoonwpa.lzm GUI tool.
    Keep in mind that you still need to load the ipwraw driver.

I posted this cuz if you succedded with the shell steps above, you might want to crack it faster (in blink of an eye).

P.S. Thanks to the developer that made those GUI tools.

Just burned his ISO

btw i tryed to do it using spoonwep as well, cgot the same problem, no power or data packets

Just burned his ISO

i tried doing whilst using myreal mac instead of the fake one and i still got no power or data packets. i still just got beacons.

these are the steps i followed:
    5)iwconfig (shows the interface is wlan0)
    6)modprobe -r iwl3945
    7)modprobe ipwraw
    8)airmon-ng start wifi0 (use interface wifi0 at this point as last 2 steps changed it)
    9)airodump-ng -c (channel) -w (file name) --bssid (bssid) wifi0
    10)aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    11)aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    12)aircrack-ng -b (bssid) (filename-01.cap)

Again, commands are correct and power 0 has nothing to say (IMO because it works for me anyway)

Does aireplay -9 wifi0 work for you?
    After step 10 do you get Association successful ?

In my experience step 11 (the ARP Replay Attack) can only work, if there is any captured ARP, so if there is no data no ARP can be replayed.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    Again, commands are correct and power 0 has nothing to say (IMO because it works for me anyway)

Does aireplay -9 wifi0 work for you?
    After step 10 do you get Association successful ?

In my experience step 11 (the ARP Replay Attack) can only work, if there is any captured ARP, so if there is no data no ARP can be replayed.
    i did it again and yes i do get association successful after step 10 and aireplay-ng -9 wifi0 works for me
    but i got to the part where it was reading the packets it says
    read 13297 packets (got 0ARP requests and 0 ACKs), sebt 0 packets...(0 pps)
    but i still have no power but this time i got 2 data packets and 7920 beacons and 100 RXQ.

can sme 1 please tell me what am i doing rong or is there just smething rong with my wifi card. i have a intel 3945 a/b/g and im using a laptop (dell vostro 1700 with operating system vista home premium)

Quote Originally Posted by saadra View Post
    i did it again and yes i do get association successful after step 10 and aireplay-ng -9 wifi0 works for me
    but i got to the part where it was reading the packets it says
    read 13297 packets (got 0ARP requests and 0 ACKs), sebt 0 packets...(0 pps)
    but i still have no power but this time i got 2 data packets and 7920 beacons and 100 RXQ.

can sme 1 please tell me what am i doing rong or is there just smething rong with my wifi card. i have a intel 3945 a/b/g and im using a laptop (dell vostro 1700 with operating system vista home premium)
    I do not know how this can be made any clearer to you, but I will repeat the already given answers for you.

1. The PWR will always show up as 0 using your card/driver combination. This is a known issue, but will in no way affect the actual performance of your card.

2. You are using the ARP-replay attack which requires a connected client on the AP generating these ARP-requests for you to intercept and then re-broadcast. In other words no clients = no ARPs = nothing to replay using aireplay-ng.

To sum it up, you do not seem to be doing anything wrong command wise and your card seems to work as it should. What you will need to do to succeed is make sure that you have a client connected and use it to generate some traffic on the AP for you.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

what does that mean? make sure i have a client connected?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast