Thread: wlassisstant cannot find networks after airmon-ng use

Just burned his ISO

Default wlassisstant cannot find networks after airmon-ng use

I'm running an asus eeepc with a 701's wireless card in it so I can sniff/inject etc. All is fine and I can crack WEP keys just fine. Problem is once I've cracked one I cannot use wlassistant to actually connect to the network after, it just constantly says "no networks found".

As soon as I put ym card into monitor mode using
    Code:
    airmon-ng stop wifi0
    airmon-ng start ath0
    for wlassasistant to even see there is a wireless card after this I do
    Code:
    ifconfig ath0 down
    Which then just shows everything as it does at boot (when it all works) when running airmon-ng. At this point I can put the card back in monitor mode and carry on using airodump which works fine.

I've tried setting a connection manually using iwconfig setting teh channe/essid/wep key (This is my own network that I know works) but it still cannot connect.

What do I need to do after running airmon-ng to put my card into monitor mode to disable monitor mode properly so I can use it to connect to a network normally using wlassasistant?

iwconfig wifi0 mode monitor -> sniff / inject / etc.
    iwconfig wifi0 mode managed -> transfer files / surf the net / etc.

side note: you should start using the console , the wlassistant is buggy.

edit: Do not forget to obtain an IP: dhclient wifi0
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

Unfortunatly it didnt work and kept throwing an error:
    Code:
    Error for wireless requst "Set Mode" (8B06) :
        SET failed on device wifi0 ; operation not supported
    Tried that for wifi0 and ath0. I did a bit of searching for that error then found this thread: h tp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=18268&highlight=managed+set+faile d+on+device+operation+-supported which did sort the managed/monitor using:
    Code:
    wlanconfig ath0 destroy
    ifconfig wifi0 down
    ifconfig ath0 down
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode managed
    ifconfig ath0 up
    ifconfig wifi0 up
    I've made a script to pretty much automate wep craking and I've added on to the bottom to connect to the network after getting the key so I don't need to use wlassistant.

Thanks for the help though