Thread: linksys or d-link replacement card for eee pc 1000h?

Default linksys or d-link replacement card for eee pc 1000h?

Hi guys i think the title says it all. hehehe

Can anyone give any suggestions on what Linksys or D-link products I can use to replace the wifi card in my eee 1000h? Been trying to find an Aircruiser N300 here in Singapore but so far everywhere I look seems to only sell Linksys or D-link products.

Sidenote: No update on any updated ralink drivers that support injection?
    Dum spiro spero

1) You didn't specify the connector it uses
    2) You didn't specify which modes you want e.g. a/b/g/n
    3) You didn't specify the antenna type you would prefer
    4) Maybe you can try using something like ebay.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

i am also searching for a device to replace. I would like to have b/g, maybe "n" mode. But more important is a full BT3 compatibility, injection capabilities for example...

Just burned his ISO

I'm thinking of ordering the Aircruiser N300 from OxfordTec, they also ship to Singapore.

From what I understand this card is very well supported.

sindrej: That uses Ralink RT2860 chipset. It is not fully supported (such as don't expect monitor/injection to work OTB). Puts you in more or less the same shoes as having whatever is inside that Eee 1000h. I don't know where you are reading it has good support for monitoring/injection but you are welcome to be a guinea pig.

in a way you're both right... there are actually two types of N300 aircruiser... the GN-WI30N-RH has a RT2860 chipset while the GN-WI06N-RH has an Atheros chipset...

hey sindrej, are you by any chance in Singapore?

hatake_kakashi:
    1) You didn't specify the connector it uses
    2) You didn't specify which modes you want e.g. a/b/g/n
    3) You didn't specify the antenna type you would prefer
    4) Maybe you can try using something like ebay.

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy at work.
    Sorry but i'm not that good with hardware. So i don't have any set preference. I was hoping to hear from people who successfully replaced their wifi cards in their 1000h with a linksys or d-link card to work with BT3 Final. If you have any suggestions though, It would be most appreciated...
    Dum spiro spero

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    sindrej: That uses Ralink RT2860 chipset. It is not fully supported (such as don't expect monitor/injection to work OTB). Puts you in more or less the same shoes as having whatever is inside that Eee 1000h. I don't know where you are reading it has good support for monitoring/injection but you are welcome to be a guinea pig.
    This guy installed the N300, and he says it well supported: jimsblog.org/blog/?p=40

I havent received my 1000h yet, should be here tomorrow or the next. If i decide to buy this card I will post back...

porbista:
    No, I'm not in Singapore. The Singapore comment was inteded for you

oh ok...

yeah i encountered the same blog entry... going through tons of websites trying to find answers to the 1000h wifi question, i actually encountered other posts where people confirms that the aircruiser n300 works exceptionally well... im not sure though if they were based on actual experience..

the aircruiser is actually my first choice... but i think my only option is to order it online which I generally hate under the circumstances that if there's something wrong with it I have to send it back again etc etc... extra costs and extra hassles...
    Dum spiro spero