Thread: 2 identical make/model wireless cards?

Just burned his ISO

Default 2 identical make/model wireless cards?

hello,

I'd like to buy a second Edimax EW7318USG wireless usb device, for my computer.

I intend to use one for everyday internet use, and the second device put in monitor mode and use with kismet.

will they conflict with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    hello,

I'd like to buy a second Edimax EW7318USG wireless usb device, for my computer.

I intend to use one for everyday internet use, and the second device put in monitor mode and use with kismet.

will they conflict with each other?
    Not if properly set up. I've got a box with four identical cards, no problems at all.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

in that case I'll go ahead and buy another Edimax.

thanks Barry

I've had issues with having dual ralink chipsets (and yes I have a pair of edimax ew7138usg) plugged onto one computer. There seems to be a lockup on hardware level when running them in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    I've had issues with having dual ralink chipsets (and yes I have a pair of edimax ew7138usg) plugged onto one computer. There seems to be a lockup on hardware level when running them in tandem.
    Weird. I'm not using edimax cards though. Using WLM54G 200mW 802.11 b/g mini pci cards. They are atheros based.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

just to let you guys know, I bought a second Edimax 7318usg usb and they both seem to be working ok together.

got one downloading, the other's running kismet.