Thread: Strange WPA issue with airodump?

Just burned his ISO

Default Strange WPA issue with airodump?

Hi there...I have a strange issue...maybe it's using RADIUS but..for some reason I see a wireless network with WPA as the encryption type, and WEP as the cipher, and OPN as auth....is this radius or what? Also no ARP traffic is generated when I deauth a client unlike most wep networks...I thought WPA offered only CCMP or TKIP?

Thanks

Did you try another scanner (like kismet) with the same results?
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Quote Originally Posted by VeN0mizer View Post
    Hi there...I have a strange issue...maybe it's using RADIUS but..for some reason I see a wireless network with WPA as the encryption type, and WEP as the cipher, and OPN as auth....is this radius or what? Also no ARP traffic is generated when I deauth a client unlike most wep networks...I thought WPA offered only CCMP or TKIP?

Thanks
    Regardless of the encryption used it would be nice if you simply kept to your own toys instead of messing with you neighbours'.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

For the sake of learning, sometimes unpopular methods must be utilized. (Does the term "Lab rats" ring a bell?) I've only went this far with this network as it caught my eye due to the WPA/WEP cipher methods, I have no malicious intent, not to mention a few deauth packets are not even noticeable, even when data is actively flowing to the client. Now, back to the question....I've only used kismet as my other scanner, though I do not remember what it showed...I'll check and get back with you...Thanks again...