Thread: ettercap arp poisoning with wireless card

Just burned his ISO

Question ettercap arp poisoning with wireless card

First off I want to say Hello to everyone on the R.E forums,
    Second I have a question that I didn't find with the search button so I'm making my first post after about a week of reading articles here and there and watching a few tutorials. (newbie)

I started playing around with Ettercap on my WIRED network. I tried out with a simple arp poisoning attack using the GUI and everything went fine I also did a Quick DNS spoofing on my WIRED Network using the GUI worked fine also.

Then I wanted to try using my wireless interface ath0 instead of my wired interface eth0. The GUI mode would not scan my host with my wireless card when I try nothing would happen.
    So I switched to command line. and use the following:

ettercap -T -q -i ath0 -P -M arp // //

In console mode it would scan the host fine but wouldn't catch any packets.

Also When I use the -P chk_poison plug-in to see its its taking or not I get an output of the following:
    RE-ARPing Vicitms
    Unified sniffing was stopped.

Any help will be appreciated very much, thank you
    In the mean time I'll keep searching...

Try specifying your targets. I have had better success when both or at least one target is defined rather that using all targets ( // // )

Code:
    ettercap -Tq -i <interface> -M arp:remote /target1ip/ /target2ip/
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Just burned his ISO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pynstrom View Post
    Try specifying your targets. I have had better success when both or at least one target is defined rather that using all targets ( // // )

Code:
    ettercap -Tq -i <interface> -M arp:remote /target1ip/ /target2ip/
    Thanks for the reply pynstrom. Ahh I was just trying that out!!!
    It Didn't quite work but I got another result when I left out the -P chk_poison plug-in.
    My output: starting unified sniffing on the attacker machine and on the VIC machine when I load my browser for an attempted e-mail login the page slows to a crawl not letting me sign in at all its stays static on the login page.

I'm not sure what this means but adds another clue to this problem.

you could also use the ettercap GUI,
    $ ettercap -G &
    Works great for me.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by alm0stadm1n View Post
    you could also use the ettercap GUI,
    $ ettercap -G &
    Works great for me.
    I started out using the GUI and Got even less progress as I mentioned in the earlier post. I'm thinking I might need to update the madwifi drivers.

I'll update the post after I give it a go. Honestly I still have to find a guide on that part still.

I made a howto video for a buddy of mine, Ill post it on rapidshare if you want me to, PM me and ill send you a link.
    I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ~Abraham Lincoln