Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect to internet

Just burned his ISO

Default Can't connect to internet

Hello,

I know that this kind of thread has been posted many times before but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer.

So begin

I am trying to connect to the internet and .. I can't *doh*
    My ISP gives dynamic ips and to connect to the internet I need to provide user and password.

Where I set this password and how ?

If any info is needed please ask me or vice-versa.

Thank you!

whos your isp?? like when you use windows it actually prompts for a password?? or is like u put the password on the router it self??

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
    whos your isp?? like when you use windows it actually prompts for a password?? or is like u put the password on the router it self??

My ISP is Romania Data Systems [RDS], I actually don't know the type of connection but ... I think is DSL or PPPoE, is something like dial-up but without phone number ^^ The internet connection isn't always on, so i have to connect each time to the isp.... complicated ;/

If you don't know the details of your connection, I'm not sure how you expect us to help.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    If you don't know the details of your connection, I'm not sure how you expect us to help.
    Hmm, i think i can't give out more info, because that is all the info.

Is a broadband connection that requires a user name and a password. This is a high-speed connection using either a DSL or a cable modem. The type of connection is PPPoE [Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet]

more?

Quote Originally Posted by RiSICO View Post
    Hmm, i think i can't give out more info, because that is all the info.

Is a broadband connection that requires a user name and a password. This is a high-speed connection using either a DSL or a cable modem. The type of connection is PPPoE [Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet]

more?

how do you connect in windows? whats the name of the software you use?? is it web base?? thanks

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel View Post
    how do you connect in windows? whats the name of the software you use?? is it web base?? thanks

Have someone ever used Windows? *lol*
    ...here is how how it looks .. i.lulz.at/e4Hi591.png

Quote Originally Posted by RiSICO View Post
    Have someone ever used Windows? *lol*
    ...here is how how it looks .. i.lulz.at/e4Hi591.png

whats windows??? never heard of it... umm

but take a look at this: http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=5934
    to at this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/autoppp/ to auto run or auto connect

orrrr :
    (found in http://hackpedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7457)
    Configuration Internet BackTrack connection pppoe:

1. To assign IP to the Plate of Network: ifconfig ethX x.x.x.x
    2. To unload the Plugin: rp-pppoe-3.8.tar.gz 3. To install the Plugin:
    4. * tar-zxvf rp-pppoe-3.8.tar.gz 4.
    5. * CD rp-pppoe-3.8 5.
    6. * ./go
    7. To deposit all the needed information given by the ISP.
    6. To create a file with the name adsl in the directory /etc/ppp/peers and to stick in him the following text:

# example configuration for the kernel space PPP over Ethernet driver
    #
    # See the manual page pppd( for information on all the options.

# MUST CHANGE: replace myusername@realm with the PPP login name given to
    # your by your provider.
    # There should be a matching entry with the password in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
    # and/or /etc/ppp/chap-secrets.
    user "UsuarioAsignadoPorISP"

# Load the PPPoE plugin.
    plugin rp-pppoe.so

# Ethernet interface to which the modem is connected.
    ethX

# Assumes that your IP address is allocated dynamically by the ISP.
    noipdefault
    # Try to get the name server addresses from the ISP.
    usepeerdns
    # Use this connection as the default route.
    defaultroute

# Makes pppd "dial again" when the connection is lost.
    persist

# Do not ask the remote to authenticate.
    noauth

IT NOTICES: in the parameter user the Internet user goes, ej: "mycount@sky-chrg", and in the ethX X it is equivalent to the value of the interfaz of the Plate of network. Do not forget to guard and go out.

7. # pppd call adsl... I list Connection !!!

Well. But I have the following doubt, for which if someone can help me to resolve I it am grateful enormously:

When I restart the machine I have to do the same procedure, What I do in order that when the machine loads, immediately she remains connected. I do not deal why it is necessary to do again the whole procedure when all the information remains stored in /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/ppp/pap-secrets, and, /etc/ppp/chap-secrets

#
    de pe forumul asta am luat atunci

dar iera backtrack2 dar tot aceiasi mincare de peste ii

http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?s=2f6 ... cc0f420db2

rp-pppoe 3.10
    http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/N ... -342.shtml

He's looking for a PPPoE connector. I don't know if BT3 included it or not, but the basic Slax install has it. The instructions are:

1. Enter the command pppoe-setup at the shell.
    2. It will ask for user name, enter your user name like myusername@yourisp.com
    3. It will ask for interface, the interface name we have to provide is eth0, just press enter it will automatically take eth0 as the default.
    4. It will ask whether the link has to come on demand. Just press enter, it takes 'no' as the default value.
    5. Now it's time to configure DNS server, just enter 'server' without quotes. (If you have DNS server addresses then you can use them, but try this as second option)
    6. Now enter your password for your account.
    7. Now for fire walling options just enter the option 0.
    8. Accept these settings and adjust configuration files (y/n)? y. Just press 'y' here.
    9. Now just type pppoe-start, the connection will be up, but you may not ping google.com
    10. Now type ifconfig, you will find ip address for eth0 as well as for ppp0. Note down the ip address of ppp0, and it's corresponding mask.
    11. Open static ip set up tool, you will find this tool in slax internet modules. Just set the ip address and mask noted in above step 10, and leave default gate way empty, of course you will find here the the DNS servers information filled up, leave them as they are, and press ok. (You can use ifconfig command if you don't find ip setup tool. )
    12. Final step just enter pppoe-stop, to stop the existing connection, and enter again pppoe-start.

Hope you got it now just try 'ping google.com'.

Found at:
    http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=5934
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Yes, Thank you, i am going to try this.
    I also found it on PPPoE on Linux but yours is a bit smaller

I will give a try, c'ya when i will get connected or back with more questions ^_^ Later Edit: Thank you guys, it worked like a charm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast