Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoofing Emails For Free

Cool Spoofing Emails For Free

heh, you can spoof emails from his website that he uses to offer his movie for free. The irony here kills me every time. the term "Slacker" is used all over the place on his site. So, I had to play with this, and it worked!

http://slackeruprising.com/#signup

just put whatever you want in the Email address field, and check off that you are in the USA. Then, you'll be taken to a second page that asks for another email address, and email addresses of your friends. Put anything you want in the email address fiels, and erase his shit in the description field, and put whatever you want. i put:

Code:
    "root@fbi.gov"
    look what i got in my inbox:

Michael Moore's new film is online for free Inbox X
    from doug <root@fbi.gov>
    reply-to root@fbi.gov
    to ********@gmail.com
    date Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:07 PM
    subject Michael Moore's new film is online for free
    hide details 9:07 PM (4 minutes ago)

does this really work??
    heh. spoofing emails and watching movies for free is fun!

After posting about this in the phoneloser forums someone already spoofed an email to me! check it out:

I caught you trevelyn!!!
    Michael <mmoore@gmail.com> to ********@gmail.com
    5:38am

I was just checking my logs and discovered how you had misused my system. I set this site up for the fans and you take advantage of me just like Bush has taken advantage of our rights for the last 8 years. This is to inform you that my system is being patched as I type this missive and a copy has been forwarded to Doug Stein so that he may look further into your hacker related activities.

Shame on you trevelyn! Not just for what you have done to me, but what you have cost your country by denying my fans... er... the american people access to my movie... I mean... the truth.

Good day to you,
    that was in my inbox this morning, hah!

There are a lot of sites like that out there. Most don't check the validity of the "senders" address. The first time I spoofed one to a cousin who's also in IT, he nearly peed his pants. It was from "james.bond@mi5.uk.gov"

Actually though, tracing spoofed emails is no big deal. Most people don't look at the headers, but most of what you need to trace located there.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Sad day....it's been patched....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

I was trying to get postfix configured in Backtrack in order to provide this within the distro. I got it working in Ubuntu, but BT3 is being problematic. If slapt-get was only as robust as apt-get.

William

yeah i put EXIM4 in weaknet linux and set it to send from a website, and i can send emails right from the live distro.. Im not usre exactly how to spoof them yet, when i do it would make a nice paper! what do you use to edit the outgoing mail headers from EXIM4?

No that email is faked from a fellow phoneloser above, but your right, i just tried to spoof from that site:

This is what i get

This form no longer accepts requests. Please use Salsa.
    So that sucks...

There are a lot of sites like that out there. Most don't check the validity of the "senders" address. The first time I spoofed one to a cousin who's also in IT, he nearly peed his pants. It was from "james.bond@mi5.uk.gov"

Actually though, tracing spoofed emails is no big deal. Most people don't look at the headers, but most of what you need to trace located there.
    Yeah i know, but this one wasn't meant to do that. I was just pointing that out, not really how cool it is to spoof emails.

JMC31337

Quote Originally Posted by trevelyn View Post
    yeah i put EXIM4 in weaknet linux and set it to send from a website, and i can send emails right from the live distro.. Im not usre exactly how to spoof them yet, when i do it would make a nice paper! what do you use to edit the outgoing mail headers from EXIM4?

No that email is faked from a fellow phoneloser above, but your right, i just tried to spoof from that site:

This is what i get

So that sucks...

Yeah i know, but this one wasn't meant to do that. I was just pointing that out, not really how cool it is to spoof emails.
    yea well you better watch out, looking like your coming from the GOVT there smarty pants... Here in America its illegal to impersonate a gov't official
    and they know all about tunneling

So just setup a gov.TheHive@yahoo.com account

Quote Originally Posted by JMC31337 View Post
    yea well you better watch out, looking like your coming from the GOVT there smarty pants... Here in America its illegal to impersonate a gov't official

Quote Originally Posted by JMC31337 View Post
    If you're referring to my post, that wasn't an issue. It was coming from a govt official: Me.

Besides, do you actally know anyone who things James Bond is a real person?
    Thorn

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Besides, do you actally know anyone who things James Bond is a real person?
    He's not? Way to burst a guys bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    He's not? Way to burst a guys bubble!
    Sorry pureh@te. Huh, you do know about Santa Claus, don't you?
    Thorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast